Thursday, April 24, 2014

#78 Forming a Team

C. Peter Wagner relates more from his book, PRAYER SHIELD:

"At the time Cathy (Schaller) was also the leader of the Sunday School class pastoral care team, and she knew more about more of the members of the class than anyone else.

So I called her and said, 'Cathy, would you please make a list of the class members who you know are already praying for us on a regular basis, and then approach them one by one to see if they will commit themselves to an I-2 relationship with us.

Above all, when you ask them, do it in such a way that they will be able to say no very easily if they do not feel God is calling them to do it.'

I felt this was the wisest procedure, because if I had approached them personally I suspected that some, just out of their love and respect for me, could not bring themselves to say no, even if they really felt like it.

It worked well, and we brought together our initial team of 13 I-2 intercessors who, with Cathy, made a prayer partners team of 14.

I do not recall how many said no, but I did make a mental note that one of them was Lil walker, a class member known to have the spiritual gift of intercession.

Lil told Cathy, and then me personally, that although God did direct her to pray for me from time time, He had assigned her as an I-1 intercessor to our pastor, Paul Cedar, and that she didn't feel free to take on any other regular commitments.

To complete the story, since then Paul Cedar has left, Lil was released from the assignment, and she is now one of our I-2 intercessors.

But my point is that it is very important to allow people the greatest freedom to turn down the invitation if it does not seem right at the time.

I myself, incidentally, was one of those who turned down Jerry Johnson's initial invitation. The last thing either of us needs is an intercessor like Paul Freedman's."


#78  Forming a Team, in the series 
taken from C. Peter Wagner’s book, 
PRAYER SHIELDHow to intercede
 for pastors, Christian leaders and others 
on the spiritual frontlines. 
(pgs. 149 -150) by Regal Books


PRAYER SHIELD  ChristianBooks - Scroll down to Wagner's book - offered for $9.69

(Google images added)

Pray
 for your pastor: “Pray that your pastor will be courageous in  proclaiming Christ from the pulpit and confident in his use of the Word of God. Ask God to help him preach with insight, transparency and humility.”  Col. 1:28; 4:3a; Eph. 6:19  www.lifeaction.org

Let’s pray:

   Father, when our leaders are choosing their prayer teams, help them discern who to ask, the method of approaching them, and in the results of their inquiries. 

   If I'm asked to faithfully pray for my leaders, may I be quick to respond according to what the Lord leads me, so I can be praying with His approval and unction.

   I know that even children need to be encouraged to pray for their pastors and teachers, so help me be a good witness to lead them in their prayers, too.

   As the faith of a child will effect my own praying, Father, I want to look for opportunities to be child-like in praying. I want to believe quickly that You are listening, and that it is Your will to help our leaders.

   I pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.

Do you have a testimony to share? jowildflowers@gmail.com
I'd like to create a post of several testimonies from my 
readers.

Today’s Bible verse: Ecc. 11:6 "In the morning sow they seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good." 

Today’s quote: Following Jesus@Following2Jesus – “You're a Special Agent with a Mission: All you have and all that you are, was given to you by your Father in heaven, in order to fulfill your Misón. No one crosses your path by chance and you always walk into the lives of other people with a purpose in the plan of God. 

There is a lot to give and receive. There is much to teach and learn. Let God guide you. The circumstances around you, good or bad, are part of God's plan and they occur within the perfect purposes that He alone manages and understands. 

Do not regret the failures, or get worked by the successes, continue your way and live to serve and not to be served. To bless the world, God uses those who are willing to fulfill the mission."

Some thoughts today: It is very important to live your faith before your children, to give them a good example of a faith in Christ.

- Jesus is the pilot, He will take care of the journey. Prov. 3:5,6

- Watch your attitude, as Jesus is teaching you to fly.

26th- Saturday’s post:  I Refuge to be Discouraged!  BJ George

27th- Sunday's post:  Are You Hanging On For Dear Life?  Michael Brooks

Sunday evening's post:  Playing Favorites  Martin Wiles

29th- Tuesday's post:  #79  The Rules: Slow and Cautious  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:  Release the Light: Prayer note #82 - Dutch Sheets tells us, “Arise, shine, Church, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you."

Let God speak to you
from His Word.
   

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal 
Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95 
(Check out the Reviews on the 
Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian 
Marriage, Counseling, & Help)
 (Volume 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment