Saturday, April 26, 2014

I Refuse to be Discouraged!

I Refuse to be discouraged

I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here's the reason why:

I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team.

He is all-wise and powerful.
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.

My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end;
His presence is my comfort;
He is my dearest Friend.

When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.

When circumstances threaten
to rob me of my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.

When my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.

The great "I AM" is with me.
My life is in His hand;
The "Son of the Lord" is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.

I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.

I'm looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God
I'm resting in His love.

I give God thanks in everything.
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory mine;
He'll help me win the race.

© BJ George
Credit: heartwarmingstories.net

(Google image added)

Philippians 3:12- 14 "I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." (The Apostle Paul)

Eternal Assurance

The cross lay bare and bloodstained...
The nails ripped from Christ's hands.
They came and took His body.
Most did not understand.

The crowd wept tears of sorrow
For they did not realize
His mission was accomplished...
In three days He would arise.

What seemed like such a tragedy
Was all part of God's plan.
When Jesus died, He paid the price...
Our sacrificial lamb.

He conquered death by rising
And opened heaven's door.
If we will just believe in Him,
Our destiny's secure.

© Frances Gregory Pasch

                                                Frances Gregory Pasch


Double Vision: Seeing God in Everyday Life
through Devotions and Poetry (Pg.100)

by Frances Gregory Pasch

published by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas.
Used by permission by Frances &
   Father, we have so much to be thankful for!
   Please remind us through the above poems of some things that are true, and that are available to each of us in and through Jesus Christ.
    We ask that You move on us, to help us be more thankful for Your every blessing.
   We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.

Today’s Bible verse: 


        (Ps. 27:4) "One thing have I desired of the LORD, 
        that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house 
       of the LORD, all the days of my life, to behold the 
       beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple."

Today’s quote: 


Rhonda Odom – “When I take the time to get God involved in my everyday life, trusting Him in the good times and the bad, He turns every situation around and pours out His amazing grace. Through prayer and a thankful heart, I have learned to be content, free from fear and worry.”

Some thoughts today: 


- If we don't have a tight bond with the Lord, there'll be no power to give us strength through prayer times. The current way of praying just isn't going to work!

- We are to effect what happens here and to take authority. The Christian warrior's mentality is to take authority and effect changes!

- Tongues were a sign of fire being released on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4).



27th- Sunday's post:  Are You Hanging On For Dear Life? 
Michael Brooks

Sunday afternoon's post:  Playing Favorites  
Martin Wiles

29th- Tuesday's post:  #79 The Rule: Slow and Cautious   
C. Peter Wagner

5/1st- Thursday's post:  #80  Recruiting I-1 Intercessors  
C. Peter Wagner



A popular post:  

Still in God's Hands  Randy Kilgore - "Standing with her that day, however, I marveled as again and again she comforted others—her confidence in God unshaken by this terrible blow."




Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout



Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal Wisdom for Women


1 comment: