Sunday, May 4, 2014

Let Me Explain...

Jean Oathout shares with us today, What we are really looking for in life, is someone to trust.

Isn't that so?

Have you found such a one? I have. His Name is Jesus, and He is very Trustworthy! All the time!

Let me explain. When I was a small girl, I had a vision of Him standing by me one day in Sunday School.

He didn't say anything, just stood there beside me.

I believe He didn't have to say anything, as He wanted me to realize His presence would be with me from then on, throughout my life, no matter where I went, or what I ended up doing.

Maybe you have not felt Christ's presence, but the Bible tells us He is always present with us. The challenge is, we're to look for Him.

We're to be willing to open up our hearts and minds to His Word, to seek His presence and will for us. Once we do this, He will reveal Himself to us in many ways.

Our attitude toward Him as a righteous and Holy God, is very important, as how we see Him compared with ourselves, will be very revealing, to say the least.

The closer I got to knowing him later on in life, the more unholy I began to see myself! As I found it hard to say the words, "I love You" to Him, it took me a while to really mean it. I hadn't been used to saying those words much at all, to anyone.

When I finally could say them, and mean them, I could sense His presence all around me.

While attending a church at one point, I could sense Him in the room, and in other worshippers, but felt that I needed Him in me too.

I spent time in prayer daily, to surrender to His Spirit. One day, when I did, and the Holy Ghost simply came in, and I began to speak in a heavenly language, and was worshipping and praising God!

Life has been exciting since, and I must relate that I have made mistakes, as everyone has, but Jesus has guided me through my ups and downs, and I am where He wants me to be today, living for Him in every way that I know of.

I look forward to more challenges to trust Him, and I am sure that He will not let me down.

Remembering Mary Magdalene in the Bible, may we be like her. She was heartbroken, as she headed for the tomb where Jesus' body had been laid in a hewn-out grave, to be with Him one last time, and to reconnect. John 20:1

She had known a personal relationship with this Man, and wanted to once more find a way to serve Him. Her heart couldn't process what was going on.

When the "gardener" asked Mary who she was looking for, she answered that she just wanted to take care of Him one more time! John 20:15 

She asked where they had put Him, so she could take Him away...

Is it true that we are also looking for Jesus, to minister to Him? Can we hear His voice today, calling our names?

Do you, dear reader, have a personal relationship with Christ, the Risen One?

Ask Him to make Himself real to you, today, and allow Him to cause you to have a personal relationship with Him, too.

Let Me Explain  by Jean Oathout
jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)


Announcing my book:


The following looks like a great post by  Dr. Art Lindsley posted 4/23/14

"Being dropped into  minefields without knowing how to avoid them is like life without wisdom. It is important to know life's terrain in order to negotiate it safely as well as to experience the fullness of Life."
See more at:

Eight Steps I've Learned to Take Along the Path to Wisdom | Institute for Faith, Work &... blog.tifwe.org


"How do we find and gain wisdom? Here are eight steps to take along the path to wisdom, including fear of the Lord, learning, praying, and more."


Check out Art's message, and find out what he'd learned to take along his path...


Let’s pray:

   Father, we can see that we need to seek to know You better, so help me to have a stronger desire for that intimacy with You.

   Cause my heart to become soft and teachable, and open to what Your Word tells me as I read it today.

   I ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.  

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 103:5 "Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles."

Today’s quotes:  Joe Stowell - Lamentations 3 reminds us that "the steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end" (v.22 ESV) and that God is faithful to the end even when everything seems to be falling apart."


Ellie Trunk- “Just because I fail, does not mean I am a failure. I am free to struggle, hurt, fail, and be imperfect.  But through Christ Jesus on the cross, I have been forgiven, healed, and made perfect.”
  
So
me thoughts today: For the joy that Christ had of our becoming His Bride, He endured all His Father asked of Him. Will we draw joy from the wells of His salvation, as we serve Him? 

- God was consumed with passion that He must have a people!

- Without the resurrection that Jesus accomplished, we would fear our last enemy, Death. 1 Cor. 15:26

- Jesus wants you to know that He went through all this for you.

6th- Tuesday’s post:  #81  She Is an Intercessor  C. Peter Wagner

8th- Thursday's post:  #82  Life-Saving Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

10th- Saturday's post:  Reasons to Laugh - Seniors  United Health Care

11th- Sunday's post:  Feelings vs Truth  Kady Wooten

A popular post: What Is Normal?   Mary Southerland shares with us, "The holidays are wonderful but I am always ready for them to be 
over so life can get back to normal. Hmmm…that word 'normal' can definitely mean different things 
to different people."


Here I come, ready or not!


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!



Announcing my book:

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: 
Bridal Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95 
(Check out the Reviews on the 
Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian 
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) 
(Volume 1)

1 comment: