Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thrive Where You Are Planted



Kathy Bellows tells us, “I want my old life back,' I cried to God. 'I am living other people’s lives. I want to live my life again.'

I was struggling with the loss of my husband and my role as a wife.

Wait a minute, God whispered. This is the life I have transplanted you into. You are where I want you to be.

Wow! Of course I knew that I could not go back to my previous way of life. But wait, God actually lovingly transplanted me just as I do plants and flowers that are special to me.

It is a precious thing to realize I am living a new life God has planned for me. How I live that life is up to me. 

I have to choose whether I will live it as a withered flower, barely limping along, or if I will thrive wherever He puts me.

As the roots of a tree seek after and drink in the water of the river to thrive and produce fruit, I also need to daily seek and drink what God wants for me, to be able to thrive and be a fruitful Christian.

I am sure someday I will be transplanted again. Until then, I plan to thrive where I am planted now.

You have been tenderly transplanted by God. Plan to 'thrive where you have been planted.' Reach your heart toward God and surrender to drink in His love wherever you are."

"He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season". Psalm 1:3 KJV

Thrive Where You Are Planted - Kathy Bellows

Kathy Bellows is a native of Towanda, Penn. 

She is a widowed mother of three children, (one now deceased), and six grandchildren. 

She resides in Middleburg, Penn where she is actively involved with her church and family. 

She is the author of the book God Never Fails, which shows how God fulfilled his promises through the trial of her husband’s cancer and death. 
Visit Kathy's blog: www.sorrowtovictory.wordpress.com.



Used by permission http://www.christiandevotions.us/
And Kathy Bellows


"Wife first. Mother second.

Internalizing that statement has taken me most of the nearly 30 years I’ve been a mom. A mom’s knee-jerk response is to put the kids before the marriage.  

After all…your child needs you to care for their basic needs…your husband can take care of his own basic needs…right?

Wrong.

The best thing we can do for our kids is to invest in our marriage. When our marriage is strong, it provides a sense of security for our kids."

Be sure to check out Jill's interesting post about How Do You Make Date Night Happen?, and a funny evening she and her husband had years ago.


Let’s pray:

  
  Father, when we're changing our location, or have to make a life-change of some sort, may we consider the truth that You're in charge. 
   May I reach my heart toward You and surrender to drink in Your love wherever I am planted.
   May I realize I am living a new life, Father, that You have planned for me. How I live that life is up to me.
   In the Name of Jesus I pray, amen.



Today’s Bible verse: 

(Ps.  7:10) "My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart."

Today’s quote:

 Lysa Terkeurst - Do this, just be close to God.' The simplest advice for the most complicated of struggles.”

Some thoughts today: 

Presbytery sessions are to give encouragements to the person receiving, and to unpack things God wants them to consider, and then to purposely walk out.

- God, Who is Holy, wanted us sinners back in fellowship with Him so much, that He enabled His only begotten Son, Jesus, to walk among us, get to know us, and then go through all that Calvary was about.

- God is crazy about each of us, my friend! He loves us, and longs for us to ask Him to come to Him for salvation, and all our daily needs. He wants to prove His love to us. So acknowledge His Presence, and learn to hear His Voice.

Sunday evening’s post:  

Let Me Explain...  Jean Oathout

6th-Tuesday's post: 
#81  She Is an Intercessor  C. Peter Wagner

8th- Thursday's post:  
#82  Life-Saving Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

10th- Saturday's post:  Reasons to Laugh (Seniors and anyone)  United Health Care

A popular post: 


One Beautiful Moment Julie Ackerman Link shares with us,“One snap of the shutter, and there it was…one beautiful moment captured in time for eternity...Like waves of the sea and flowers of the field (Isa. 40:6)., our lives are brief and seen by few. Yet each one is a beautiful ‘moment’ created by God..."
Each wave is different, so is each day,
with its own opportunities.





No comments:

Post a Comment