Saturday, May 3, 2014

Reach Out


Gloria Penwell tells us, "I came across a mother and her two-year-old. The boy was riding his Big Wheel.

He stopped beneath a tree where a limb draped downward. The branch wasn’t low enough for him to touch, but he wanted very much to do so.

He stretched as high as his little arms would reach and still couldn’t grab a leaf.

'Up, Mommy. Up.' He jumped, but to no avail. His mother watched his efforts.

She slowly walked toward him, allowing him enough time to do it on his own.

When he grew frustrated, she gently pulled the branch down to him.

The little guy touched the leaf and a smile spread across his face. He stroked the soft leaf, happy that he could experience it, then he was on his Big Wheel and off for new adventures.

As I watched this little boy, it reminded me how gracious my heavenly Father is to me.

I try and try to do things on my own. I jump and stretch to accomplish things, and just as my frustration hits its limits, God bends the branch for me.

God waits for me to trust him, to reach for him. He promises to be my refuge and fortress. He stands ready to cover and shield me from the world.
Reach out to God, just as a child reaches to their parent.

He will be your strength.


   Precious Father, help me to always lift my arms up to you, to trust you in all things, and to thank you for your loving care. Help me to see you in the things you do for me. Amen.

Put your trust in Him and He will lift you up."

"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalms 91:2, 4

Reach Out - Gloria Penwell

Gloria Penwell traveled for many years to Christian writers conferences with her husband Dan.

During this time she developed a great love for new writers.
She now teaches and represents AMG Publishers at writers conferences.

Gloria is a mother of four and grandmother of eight wonderful grandchildren.

When she's not traveling, she spends as much time as possible with them. She also is a patient advocate for her disabled sister.



(Used with permission by http://www.christiandevotions.us/ 
& Gloria Penwell  gpenwell44@yahoo.com
(Google image added)
Posted: 07 Apr 2014 04:00 AM PDT

by Cathy Baker

"Words hold power.

I can testify to this truth after recently having led a Writing to Heal workshop at a retreat for mothers who've lost children of any age.

Our goal during each session was simple: Take what's on the inside and put it on paper.

The handout provided a list of writing prompts, such as:

I am...
I wonder...
I hear...
I see...

The prompts were simple—filling it out was anything but for these moms." 

(Be sure to check out Cathy's post today, as it holds help for those who've lost a child.)

Michael Brooks asks, "When was the last time you sought after God? How does your approach to life's daily challenges reflect your faith? Do you allow the Lord to comfort you in times of distress or are you still trying to manage your own affairs? How bad does it need to be before you call upon the Lord? Don't wait any longer. No problem is too big or too small for the Lord."
The Testament League  4/25/14


Let’s pray:


   Father, this message of Gloria's, reminds me how gracious You've been to me, when I've tried to do things on my own. 

   Please help me to reach up to You each time I have a need, even when it's only a small problem.

   I know that You love me, and that You are the perfect gentleman, who waits for me to ask.


   I am asking now, to become more free in reaching for Your embrace and help.  In Jesus' Name, amen.



Today’s Bible verse: 

(Is. 26:3) "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind 
is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Today’s quote: 


Gwen Smith – “We are distracted cravers when we expect our people, places and things to fill our hearts as only God can. God loves us so much. Why do we forget this all the time? His plan is perfect and we can trust Him. He knows our needs and desires. When we seek Him as the answer instead of for the answer, God enables us to rest in confidence that He’s working on our behalf and in our best interest, to bring glory to Himself through our lives.”      

Some thoughts today: 


- As Christians, we can function as God's witnesses, as we face each day with hope and Life.

- Your life has a purpose! If you're rejecting God's offer of salvation, it doesn't change His Hand upon you.

-The "work" has been accomplished by Christ's death and resurrection, so the door to heaven is open now!



4th- Sunday’s post:  Thrive Where You Are Planted                                                                                      Kathy Bellows

4th- evening post:  Let Me Explain...  

                                           Jean Oathout

6th- Tuesday's post:  #81  She Is An Intercessor  

                                          C. Peter Wagner

8th- Thursday's post:  #82  Life-Saving Intercession 

                                           C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:

 Sharpened Friends  Martin Wiles tells us, "True friends hold one another accountable. Boys and knives. When I was young, they went together like peanut butter and jelly."



1



Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal 
Wisdom for Women



No comments:

Post a Comment