Sunday, July 6, 2014

Re-framing the Picture

Julie Ackerman Link shares 
with us: "For three months 
I had ringside seat —or 
should I say bird's-eye 
viewof God's amazing 
handiwork.

Ninety feet above the floor
of Norfolk Botanical Garden, 
workers installed a webcam 
focused on the nest of a 
family of bald eagles, and online viewers were allowed to watch.

When the eggs hatched, Mama and Papa Eagle were attentive to their offspring, taking turns hunting for food and guarding the nest.

But one day when the eaglets 
still looked like fuzzballs with 
beaks, both parents 
disappeared. I worried that 
harm had come to them.




My concern was 
unfounded. 

The webcam operator 
enlarged the camera angle, 
and there was Mama 
Eagle perched on a nearby 
branch.

As I pondered this 're-framed' picture, I thought of times when I have feared that God had abandoned me.

The view in the forest heights of Virginia reminded me that my vision is limited.

I see only a small part of the entire scene.

Moses used eagle imagery 
to describe God. As eagles
carry their young, God carries 
His people Deu. 32:11-12.

Despite how it may seem, 
the Lord 'is not far from 
each one of us' Acts 17:27.

This is true even when we feel abandoned."

Re-framing the Picture by Julie Ackerman Link

(Google images added and emphasis)

"Under His wings I am safely abiding;
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust HimI know He will keep me;
He has redeemed me and I am His child. Cushing

Because the lord is watching over us,
we don't have to fear the dangers around us."

Our Daily Bread
6/5/14

Let’s pray:


   Father, thank You, that Your 
eye is always on me.

   I ask for Your grace to keep 
trusting Your Holy Spirit's 
involvement in my life.

   In times I have questions, may 
read Your Word and find comfort,
guidance, hope, and peace.

   I ask this in the Name of Jesus. Amen

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 37:7a "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him."

Today’s quote: Max Lucado – “God isn’t going to let you see the distant scene... So you might as well quit looking for it. He promises a lamp to our feet, not a crystal ball into the future. 

We don’t need to know what will happen tomorrow. We only need to know He leads us.  As Hebrews 4:16 promises, “we will find grace to help us when we need it.”

Some thoughts today: Honor is the currency in heaven. Honor others better than yourself.

- As Christians, we have authority over all principalities
and powers, ask God to release angels to minister
to ____________.

- Once strongholds are pulled down in the Name of Jesus, things change!

6th- Sunday evening’s post:  Words Have Power  GodVine

8th- Tuesday's post:  #99  Maintaining Your Intercessors  C. Peter Wagner

10th- Thursday's post:  #100  Intercession Protects Us  C. Peter Wagner

12th- Saturday's post:  Thoughts  Nancy Cady

A popular post:  Mysterious Ways: The Miraculous Billboard Ruth Schenck tells us of traveling by car through a blizzard, searching desperately for shelter for the night. Twelve hundred miles to go, I thought, pulling onto the highway here in Indiana..." 


Wow, even!
That's only a 10th of
the icebergs we can see!
This is in Newfoundland.

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!


Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 a review would be
appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal
Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95
(Check out the Reviews on the
Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) (Volume 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment