Saturday, July 5, 2014

Regaining the Right Perspective



Penny Hunt - "When my husband notices I’m wearing new pair of earrings, it’s usually not because he  thinks they look nice with my outfit. It’s because he thinks they’d make great pair of fishing lures. 

He is an avid fly fisherman and has boxes filled with lures and 
specially crafted flies constructed of Feathers, shiny metal 
objects, brightly colored pieces of plastic, beads, and other 
alluring objects No hungry fish can resist.

Each tiny fly is a work of art, tied and held together with itsy-bitsy knots, glue, and strong threads. Bill uses tweezers, clamps and special tools when he’s working with his flies. He magnifies them by wearing a weird looking pair of micro-vision glasses.
After a while he becomes so engrossed in his fly-tying projects he forgets he is wearing the micro-vision glasses. 

If I happen to interrupt him, he’s likely to look up without first sliding the glasses to the top of his head. 'Whoaaa!' he’ll say and then quickly remove the glasses. 


After a couple of blinks, he regains a normal perspective and is able to see the cup of coffee I’ve brought him.
I get like that more often than I like to admit. I allow the complicated circumstances of life to pull me down into self-solving micro-vision. 

I become so focused on the problems I lose sight of the big picture. My vision becomes distorted; I stop trusting God with the outcome and soon am off track.
That’s when I need to purposefully stop, take a step back, the way an artist does from the canvas when painting, and ask God to help me see things more clearly from His point of view, trusting Him with the outcome.
Sometimes, physically stepping away from the challenging situations and going for a walk outdoors is a great way to begin regaining a right perspective. 

Look to God to help you keep the right perspective."


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your 

own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he
will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
Photo courtesy www.morguefile.com & seriousfun
Penny, a.k.a. “The Change Speaker,” is the wife of  a career Naval Officer/Attaché and mother of five (yours, mine, and ours). 

Her speaking and writing encourage 
and equip people from all walks of life in navigating the choppy waters of change.

She is a member of the National Speakers Association and author of an Amazon.com bestselling children’s book, Little White Squirrel’s Secret. 


She is a contributor to the Chicken Soup series,  Fighting The Fear At Home and columnist for the Edgefield Advertiser of Edgefield County, SC. 


A popular speaker with a meaningful message, Penny resides with her husband, Bill, in the rural peach-growing region of South Carolina. 

photo_pennyjam
You can find her at 

www.thechangespeaker.com
www.misspennysplace.com
(see photo on right)
or www.truebluecommunity.com.

(Emphasis added & used by permission)


Let’s pray:

   Father, I sometimes get my focus on what's concerning me at the time, in stead of looking to You.
   I ask that You help me to purposely
"step back", and to ask for the "bigger picture", to see how You're involved.
   Help me to find ways to re-focus, and to make You the center of my sight. I ask this in Jesus' Name.
Amen. 
Today’s Bible verse: Is. 58:8 "Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward."

Today’s quote: Our Daily Bread – “A change in behavior begins with Jesus changing our heart.” 6/5/13


Some thoughts today: God desires for us to recognize our sin, and to repent. Ps. 51:4

- Meekness is related to humbleness, not weakness. God looks for broken and contrite hearts. Ps. 51:17

- As we abide in Christ, we experience His presence.


6th- Sunday’s post:  Re-Framing the Picture  
Julie Ackerman Link
6th- evening's post:  Words Have Power  
GodVine
8th- Tuesday's post:  #99 Maintaining Your Intercessors  
C. Peter Wagner
10th- Thursday's post:  #100  Intercession Protects Us  
C. Peter Wagner

Such perfection
and Beauty!

A popular post:   Be Still  Gwen Smith tells us, “There was a crisp chill slipping through the window as I headed to the couch to get with God before rushing into my day."

I invite you to check out the following link, to see the many interesting topics of Christian Poets and Writers.
  

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

Kindle $2.99 
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.96

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help)







AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment