Saturday, December 13, 2014

Elaine Miller's book: We All Married Idiots


Elaine W. Miller has some very interesting things to share with us about healthy marriages in her book: We All Married Idiots


Elaine and her husband share a wonderful life and ministry together. They developed and taught ten marriage retreats. Annually, they travel to Europe as Pastoral Care Couple to missionaries in Bosnia. 

Three adult children and an ever-growing number of grandchildren complete their joy.


We All Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change ...

"Dan and I desire to share our marriage story at your church or retreat center.

Dan's retirement as Pastor and District Superintendent with the Christian and Missionary Alliance provides us with time to pursue our passions. One close to our hearts is growing healthy marriages. You see, we almost threw away our marriage, and we want to prevent other couples from making the same mistake.

Let us laugh with you, teach you, help you experience marriage as God intended..."

{I hope you'll check out Elaine's blog for the rest of this very important announcement.}

Elaine W. Miller updated her status: "Amazon has We All Married Idiots pinned under their Pinterest Selling Books!"


A member of the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association
More about Elaine W. Miller...This is why we write:

Andrew Payack writes: 

"I can't say enough about the content of this book and how it changes lives but most importantly, hearts. I was in the worst place in my life with my wife of 26+ years when she wanted a divorce, not to mention 6 beautiful children. My friend and pastor, lent me this book and it changed me, but most of all it was ALL the scripture I needed to overcome the sadness. Also, I got my christian wife to read it as well. She read it and I believe that she was convicted by the holy spirit, and our marriage was saved. Praise God! we are in love now more that at our wedding! Thanks for writing such a powerful book. I have to give the book back to my pastor, but I will definitely be buying one for myself and my wife. We plan to read it from time to time to keep our marriage strong and filled with Christ!"


From Elaine's daughter:


On Love and Thankfulness for the Weary Mom

Pray with me:

   Father, I know Elaine is sincere, and that

she has been able to share her testimony,
which has been a help to those of us who

have read her book. 

   What You have taught her has been
such a blessing to so very many.

   I pray that my readers will look into her helpful book soon, and discover that we've all acted like idiots from time to time in our marriages.

   Elaine's insight is refreshing and stimulating, as it challenges us to make some changes in our approach to our own marriage.

   May Your Spirit quicken us to consider this: 
Three Things You 

Will Never Change ... (and 10 things you can change).


   I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.


Tod
ay’s Bible verse: 2 Chron. 7:14 "If my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face,

and turn from their wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Today’s quotes: Nancy Leigh DeMoss -“The ultimate purpose of 
marriage is not to make us happy, but to glorify God.”

“The family is one of God’s greatest masterpieces.” ~Unknown 


Some thoughts today: While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us! God already loved us! It wasn't as though we earned His love... You can be absolutely confident of His love for you, my friend!


- God wants us to simply come to Him, as He is Love, to ask for His help to love our mates. Wouldn't you think that would be His desire to help us to accomplish?

- Our job is to not worship a god that suits our own beliefs. The great and holy God is very aware of our needs, and He'll work on our behalf to handle things His way, if we ask Him.



Jill Savage shares with us, "What are some practical ways to turn your heart in the right direction when the spark seems to have gone out on your marriage?  1) Change your thoughts..."

14th- Sunday evening’s post:  Devoted to Prayer
Dr. Charles F. Stanley


16th- Tuesday's post:  #25 Territorial Spirits
C. Peter Wagner

18th- Thursday's post:  #26  Spiritual Power in Evangelism
C. Peter Wagner

20th- Saturday's post:  He Will Heal You

Max Lucado

A popular post: A God you can Count On Dr. Charles Stanley
 
gives us five things we can count on: "On the basis of God's character, what assurances can we depend upon every single 
day? 1. God will extend His lovingkindness to us..."

Lets join them!..

Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Kindle $.99

In my book, you'll find 31 devotions with a Scripture, a short prayer,
and a quote. The last chapter is my personal testimony of God's Goodness to me in learning these thoughts, that I've shared in the book.


Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women


My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

A great gift for someone!
                                                                   ~ 

1 comment:

  1. Joan, this is wonderful. Such helpful resources for weary marriages and weary parents. Thank you! I love your book Granny's Guide to Marriage. May the Lord bless our ministries for the Glory of God. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete