Sunday, January 4, 2015

What about You?

Jean Oathout: I have some questions for us to consider.

We may claim to be Christian, but do we believe that Christ can help us with our daily living?


Do we have a godly and positive effect on others? Would they even know we're "Christian" ?


Let's be practical: Does the way we dress, speak, act and react to situations actually reflect the One we claim to be in a personal relationship with?


What about our regular habits: Are they honorable, and do they claim Christ to be the Savior and King of our lives? 


When it comes to "where the rubber meets the road," are we obeying the Lord's directions for our particular lives?


    Wow! That's a good question for each of us to consider!


Is there evidence of our faith? (see below- James 2:18 ) Do we really believe the Scriptures, and what they tell us? Do we take notice of the messages of faith given to us on a regular basis in our churches and in Bible studies?


Our sanctification is a process of becoming like Christ in thought, word, and behavior. (see 1 Cor. 1:30; 1 Thess. 4:3; 1 Thess. 4:4; 2 Thess. 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2)


We would all do well to read these references of what sanctification is according to the Word of God...and submit ourselves to the grace that's available to us as believers to follow through till Jesus claims us in death, or when He comes again in the clouds of glory.


May we be more obedient to Christ, Who came as a babe, grew up among men like ourselves, suffered a horrendous death for us (on our behalf, which we deserve for our sins), was buried, rose again, and Who willingly gives His Life to all who will believe in and receive the salvation He provided for us. (Rom. 3:23, 24)


If it's true that you have not had a very personal, intimate relationship with God's Christ, may I encourage you to ask for grace to accept Him into your heart right now, and begin to know Him in a deep-relational way, my friend.


Because God loves you, He will move on you to cause you to allow the Holy Spirit that was in Christ to invade your very being and to

begin your own sanctification! 

Heaven will be glorious, but Hell won't have a good thing about it, for sure. (see Prov. 15:11; 27:20)


If you don't have any idea what Hell will be like, check out the following book and read the startling evidences of Satan's domain, and you'll not want to go there: A Diving Revelation of Hell by Mary K. Baxter. Mary has some videos for you to watch, that are very enlightening...



Pray with me:

   Father, help me believe in Jesus' ability
to cause a definite change in my habits and
behavior, so my life will reflect time spent 

alone with You.
   May I pay closer attention to what I hear from 

Bible teachers, as well as other leaders who try to guide me in my Christian walk.
   I desire to please You in everything I say, do, and think. Please become more real and near to me today. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: (James 2:18) "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."

Today’s quote: Gwen SmithYour life is purposed to bring glory to God in and through everything. There are times – hard times – when the answers from Him are ‘no.’ When those times come, we need to choose to trust that He said no for a reason.”

Some thoughts today: When we consider the biblical "Law," we become aware that there is a great gap between us and God.  


- The Law is powerless to save us: it shows us our need. As a mirror, it shows us what's real, and what our need is. Christ is the solution, as He fulfilled God's Law perfectly, making a way back into the Father's presence. He promised this would happen in Gen 3:15.

- As His children, we'll be able to walk out Christ's words in Matt. 5:3-11 We can become blessed, too.

6th- Tuesday’s post:  #31 How Far Should We Go?
C. Peter Wagner
8th- Thursday's post:  #32 Conquering a City
C. Peter Wagner
10th- Saturday's post:  A Life-Saving Drop In
Sue Carloni
11th- Sunday's post:   Dancing Over Me

Rhett Wilson 


A popular post: God Sent an Angel on My Darkest Day  Kristy shares with us,
"My panic disorder was out of control for another one of those week-long stints. My boyfriend and I had broken up. My landlord had sold my house. I was house-sitting for a work-friend."


Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

   

Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women


jowildflowers@gmail.com
Samples of Jean's crafts

http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

No comments:

Post a Comment