Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lord, Hold Me a Minute




James H. Cagle shares with us:
     Lord, Hold Me a Minute

When a little child would skin his knee,
Or fly his kite into a tree,
Receive unkindness from a friend;
Then he will think life’s much too big,
And run to safety on mother’s knee.

There within her arms enfolded,
His fear is conquered and peace returns.
Confidence comes, pain is vanquished
Hurt and tears are soon forgotten,
And a willingness to try again returns.

Though sometimes it may take hours,
Usually just a minute or two he stays
There in the arms of love and comfort,
To rest his head upon her shoulder,
And find the care that ran the day.


Some times, Lord I feel like this child.
Some days it’s hard to run life’s race.
I too get hurt, and often discouraged;
‘Til life seems much too big for me,
And then I seek your gentle embrace.


I know I’m never out of your sight
Especially when I fall and skin my knees.
Whenever because of sin I’d stumble
And I’ve fallen down and can’t get up,
Then Lord scoop me up to sit on your knee.


Those times when life just hurts so much,
When I am frustrated and confused,
Then I find myself inside your arms
Sheltered from the perilous storm,
And protected from my enemies abuse.




Oh the pain, the tears, the sorrow;
The many disappointments, and the fear,
That so often comes to your children;
And would have crushed them with defeat,
Had you not come to heal and to cheer.

Those times when life seems out of control,
Though I’m striving your will to obey,
And I’m o’er whelmed with life’s enormity,
Please help me realize that you are near,
And that your power is running the day.

If I must stay with you for several hours, 
Because so far from your side I’ve trod;
Or if I start to leave before I should,
Please hold me close a minute, and whisper,-
"Be still, and know that I am God."

Then I too will know that blessed renewal
As I’m held in your tender embrace.
There enfolded by your love and comfort,
‘Til all my fretting and fear has melted away,
And I’m ready to get back in life’s race.



Lord, Hold Me a Minute 
by James H. Cagle 








Jennifer Knapp Hold me 
nowwww.youtube.com




LIFT UP THE CROSS on the BILLBOARDS 2015!

by Lift the Cross of Jesus!
A very interesting message by Hope Finchbaugh. I do hope you'll take the time to check it out. It's about the Blood Moons.


Pray with me: 

     Father, we've known 
pain, the tears, the sorrow; the many disappointments, and the fear, so we're asking for Your help in
more that will come  our way, over time.
    Those times when life seems out of control, though I’m striving  to obey your will, may I experience the peace that You provide.
     Please do help me realize that you are near, and that your power is running my day.
    As I plan my activities today, make me aware of Your presence, so I will obey Your directives.
    I ask this in the Name of Jesus. Amen

Today’s Bible verse:  Ps. 26:7 "That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works."

Today’s quote: Les and Leslie Parrott - “A good and strong marriage entails a lifelong project of adjusting and readjusting our attitudes.”

Some thoughts today: God has experiences planned for us, so He can meet us there with new manifestations of His help.

- The suffering of this life cannot be compared with the glory that will be revealed in us (see Rom. 8:18)Our inheritance in Christ is worth any and all troubles we go through for His glory.

- We're not to allow our emotions to control us, as God wants to help us, if we'll only ask Him to.

17th- Tuesday’s post:  # 49  Spirits and Territories
C. Peter Wagner

19th- Thursday's post:  #50  The Pentateuch
C. Peter Wagner

21st- Saturday's post:  Thought Prevention
Max Lucado

22nd- Sunday evening's post:  The Gift of Forgiveness
Dr. Charles F. Stanley

A popular post:   Walking Through 
Dark Valleys Dr. Charles F. Stanley 
shares with us today about walking
through dark valleys: "As a teenager, 
Joseph lost almost everything. His 
family, his position as the favored son, 
his home, and his freedom were abruptly taken from him..."




jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in sometime)

Kindle $2.99

 A great gift for someone who
needs help in their marriage

Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment