Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spiritual Blindness

                               

    Lorraine Welch shares with us: John 9:39 (New Living Translation) Then Jesus told him, "I have come to judge the world and give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind!"

    Most people believe in God's existence: That He is the creator of Heaven, Earth and everything in it, and that Jesus died for our sins.

    I have heard people say they don't believe the Bible is the true word of God because people put their own interpretations on things.  Like seeing an auto accident and having three to five witnesses tell about it.  

   The different accounts of the accident have some variations to them.  So they don't think the Bible is the true word of God, because people wrote it, and there's no proof of it.

   Some folks are like that.  They believe in God's existence and they say they pray, but they don't believe the Bible is the true word of God.  They don't attend a church on a regular basis, although they may have grown up going.

    I'm very grieved about their beliefs about the Bible.

    I went to my pastor's wife, who is also a pastor, regarding this.  She told me it was not my job to convince folks that the Bible is the true word of God and that helped me, because everything in me wanted to shake some truth into them.

    I asked the Lord if there was an analogy to use to get them to think about what they are saying. 

God is So Good!
                                                             
    While sitting in the doctor's office with a friend, I was telling her about this. Her name was called.  As she stood up she said:  

    "A business man and head of a company wants to get a
     letter out to the company.  He calls in his secretary and 
     dictates a letter." 

   Off she went into her appointment. 

    I knew the Lord was speaking to me through my friend. He impressed this into my spirit: 
       "The secretary has to write down the exact words as the boss tells her to and sends it out to whom he tells her to."
    "I am the Creator, Top Man; when I wanted to communicate with My people I called upon the disciples, My secretaries. I dictated letters to the world of what I wanted them to know about My nature and character and about the nature of My enemy, Satan.  They wrote down what I dictated to them.  The exact words, like the boss' secretary.
    "Hence the Bible was born.
Not the words of people.  My words."
(Used by permission.  Google image and emphasis added))


The Saints are Dreaming

by Lift the Cross of Jesus!"We are to be ready. We are to be clothed with His armor of salvation. And the thing is that we are to be ALREADY clothed. Not all of a sudden be looking for our armor when the darkness is upon us. It is too late then. And the greatest weapon is what is already in our praisehearts and in our mouths. Praise and worship is what will conquer any enemy in any situation."

(Used by permission)





     Father, make it plain to me what it is You want me to understand about how You are expressing Yourself in Your Word, the Bible.
    Take the blinders off my eyes, so I can see more clearly how to apply Your Word.
    May I be clothed in the armor You've provided for me in Ephesians 6:10-18.
    I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen. 

                              A Gift of Grace


“Crucify Him! Crucify Him!” screamed the angry crowd.
“Release to us Barabbas! Jesus is too proud.
  He claims to be the Son of God. We know that cannot be.
  Crucify Him! Crucify Him! Nail Him to the tree.”

  But little did they realize, His death would be their loss.
  He would secure salvation, when He died upon the cross.
  We could not earn it on our own; it is a gift of grace.
  Only Christ could purchase it by dying in our place.

  If we’ll believe He paid the price, we’ll be with Him one day.
  He alone is “Truth and Life.” He is the “Only Way.”

     ©Frances Gregory Pasch

      (Used by permission)


Today’s Bible verse: 2 Chron. 20:29a "the fear of God was on all..."

Today's praise verse: 1 Chron. 16:36 "Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Then all the people said "Amen" and "Praise the LORD."

Today’s quote: In the wonders of God's creation, we see His majesty and His character. (ODB 3/12/15)

Some thoughts today: Have you made Jesus Lord of your life? Don't arrive in heaven empty handed.

-You'll never know just how your life has affected others, so be 
careful to make Jesus first in your life. Try your best to follow 
what You've learned does please Him. Others will follow your 
example; good or bad.

- Press into God, and leave your mate/child/friend for God to deal with, and to change. Only He can do that.

29th- Sunday evening’s post:  Why Choose Jesus?
Jean Oathout

31st- Tuesday's post:  #53 The Prophets
C. Peter Wagner

4/2 Thursday's post:  #54 The New Testament
C. Peter Wagner

4th- Saturday's post:  The Child
James. H. Cagle

A popular post:   Be Defensive - Keep
 the Serpent Out! Dutch Sheets tells us, “Adam was told in Genesis 2:15 to guard or ‘keep’ the garden. From what? 

It had to be the serpent!.." 


jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in later)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Kindle $2.99


A great gift for someone who
needs help in their marriage


Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

 AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment