Saturday, March 21, 2015

Thought Prevention




Max Lucado: We are not a victim of our thoughts. We have a vote. We have a voice. We can exercise thought prevention!

“Don’t talk to me,” we say. “I’m in a bad mood.” As if a mood were a place to which we were assigned, rather than an emotion we permit. 

Or we say, “Don’t mess with her. She has a bad disposition.” Is a bad disposition something we have like a cold or the flu? 

Or do we have a choice? Paul says we do.  In 2 Corinthians 10:5 he says, 

  “We capture every thought and make it give up and 
    obey Christ.”

Capture every thought—you get the impression we’re the soldiers and the thoughts are our enemies. 

The minute they appear we go into action. Selfishness, step back!  Envy, get lost! Find another home, Anger…you aren’t allowed on this turf! 

Capturing thoughts is serious business! 

But, you can do it!

Thought Prevention  by Max Lucado
From Max on Life

Max_on_Life_sm



Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado at OnePlace.com



(Google image and emphasis added)

Please Guide My Thoughts

Please guide my thoughts today so my words 
and actions will be what You want them to be

I ask this before I get started so my
whole day would meet with your approval

Please help me to stop and think 
before I act so I have no regrets

It's so easy to slip up and
I've done it so many times.

I really want to be the best
child of God that I can be

But  I need Your help so much
with everything I say and do

I cannot do it alone
On my own, I make messes

With Your loving help,
I'll get it right

by Debbie McEwen
tmcewen91@yahoo.com


Take every thought captive
Lisa Buffaloe



"Taking thoughts captive isn’t just about shoving them behind bars; it is exploring God’s truth and finding the reality of God’s might, power, forgiveness, mercy, and grace. Total freedom comes from, and in, God’s truth."



     Father, I do ask that You 
guide my thoughts today so my words and actions will be what You want them to be.
    Help me exercise thought prevention by choosing what it is I will think about, that are true and worth thinking about.
    May I remember that capturing my thoughts is serious business!
    I see that I'll need Your help. ask for it in Jesus' name. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Matt. 6:33, 34 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (v. 34)Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Today’s quote: Linda Oathout Brown – “Love your spouse with everything you’ve got! Don’t take short cuts and don’t settle for just coasting by. The road ahead may be difficult at times, but you’ll get through anything if you choose to face it together; have faith, and never give up on each other.”

Some thoughts today: What sets the stage of your life? Let it be the inner working of the Holy Spirit, and then daily engage in a living relationship with Jesus Christ.

- Healthy churches, as well as individuals, are a result of the Holy Spirit within.
 (see John 15:4, 5)

- If you desire your church to be dynamic in power of the Spirit of God, be faithful in praying for Him to invade the thoughts of the people there, to obey His leadership.

22nd- Sunday evening’s post:  The Gift of Forgiveness
Dr. Charles F. Stanley

24th- Tuesday's post:  #51 Historical Books

C. Peter Wagner

26th- Thursday's post:  #52  The Prophets

C. Peter Wagner

28th- Saturday's post:  Spiritual Blindness

Lorraine Welch

A popular post:   Love Covers a Multitude of Sins Lynn Karlsen 
shares with us, "The thought struck me as I contemplated how I tend to excuse certain behaviors in people I love … things I’d never condone if the actions were done by someone else."








No comments:

Post a Comment