Sunday, April 12, 2015

Slow Dance


                               (Written by a teenager with cancer:)

                                              Slow Dance

"Have you ever watched
kids on a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain 
slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's 
erratic flight? Or gazed at the 
sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short. 
The music won't last.

 Do you run through each day on the fly?
 When you ask, “How are you?”
 Do you hear the reply?

 When the day is done, do you lie in your bed,
 with the next hundred chores running through your head?

You'd better slow down 
Don't dance so fast. 
Time is short 
The music won't last.

 Ever told your child,
 We'll do it tomorrow?
 And in your haste,
 Not see his sorrow?

 Ever lost touch, let a good friendship die
 Cause you never had time
 To call and say,'Hi'

 You'd better slow down.
 Don't dance so fast.
 Time is short.
 The music won't last..

 When you run so fast to get somewhere,
 You miss half the fun of getting there.

 When you worry and hurry through your day,
 It is like an unopened gift....
 Thrown away.

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower 
Hear the music 
Before the song is over."

This poem was written by a terminally ill young girl in a
 New York Hospital.

It was sent by a medical doctor -

March 27, 2015
Gwen Smith

"Dear God, With a trembling heart, I approach Your throne of grace today in reverence and humility – fully aware that You are holy and I am not. Speak, Lord. Show me the plans you have for me. Bind me to Your Word and to Your strength so I will have the courage to obey. May my brokenness be restored for the beauty of Your glory. Please help me to trust You with my today and tomorrows. In Jesus’s name, amen."

Prayer taken from Gwen's blog post
  Trusting God With Your Tomorrows 


  

Jill Savage

The Go-To Mom

Marriage Monday: Managing Capacity

By JillSavage on Mar 30, 2015 05:24 am
ThinkstockPhotos-168176484
Jill says:
For as far back as I can remember, I’ve always done well managing a lot of activity in my life. In high school I balanced academics with school musicals, piano and voice lessons, work, volunteering at church, class officer responsibilities, community theater, marching band and more.  I love living life to the fullest and have always had the energy to accomplish whatever I set out to do!"

(Be sure to check out Jill's message so Mark will have an opportunity to give his viewpoint on the subject. It's great information!)

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

Today's praise verse:  Ps. 9:1-2 "I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."

Today’s quote: Derek Prince - "The environment you live in has much to do with what you experience. I firmly believe the Spirit-filled believer should create an environment around him of positive faith, confidence, and praise." (Taken from his book, The Gifts of the Spirit, pg 133).

Some thoughts today: In view of God's giving His only Son to make a way of salvation for us, ought we not to give our lives to serve Him?

- If we're called to suffer for His Name's sake, is that too much to ask, when He suffered so much to provide a way back to the Father?

- Death does not terminate our Real future, as we'll be in heaven with eternity to enjoy! Think of all the folks who're dying each day just because they're called "Christians". Will we also be willing to declare our allegiance to Jesus?

14th- Tuesday’s post:  #57 Releasing Evangelistic Power
C. Peter Wagner

16th- Thursday's post:  #58  Territoriality Now: Anthropology
C. Peter Wagner

18th- Saturday's post:  What If?
Jean Oathout

19th- Sunday evening's post:  The Names of God
Joe Stowell


A popular post: Gossip is Deadly In Sharon Jaynes's article today, she says, "If you would not say something in front of the person you are talking about, then you’re probably gossiping.. A monster was sneaking into my yard..." 






Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 
Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help)

Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!


No comments:

Post a Comment