Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Names of God


Joe Stowell - The names  of God... describe His magnificent 
characteristics.

God is so wonderfully 
multifaceted that He has many names 

that communicate His capabilities and character.

To name a few, He is:


Elohim, the God above all gods

Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides
El-Shaddai, the almighty God
Jehovah Rapha, our healer God
Jehovah Shalom, our God of peace
Jehovah Shamma, our God who is present
Jehovah Yahweh, our loving, covenant-keeping God

It's no wonder the writer of Proverbs encourages us to remember that "The name of the LORD is a strong tower," that in times of need God-fearing people run to it and "are safe" (Prov. 18:10).


When unwelcome circumstances threaten you and you feel vulnerable, reflect on one of God's names.


Be assured—He will be faithful to His name. Joe Stowell



      "Lord, remind us that Your names reveal 
character. Help us to remember them in our times of
   need and distress. Thank You for the assurance
            that you are faithful to Your name.

God's names, which describe His character, 
can bring comfort when we need it most."
(Our Daily Bread 7/12/14) 



     Father, when I look at the possibilities of plans for my life, I ask that You impress me with Your thoughts.
    May I seriously consider what You want me to do, and guide me in the decisions to be made.
    I ask that my life will be an example of one who follows You faithfully and obediently.
    May Christ be glorified in me. Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 89:18 "For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy one of Israel is our king."

Today’s quote: Jill Savage - "I have the power of respect inside of me because of the love God has given me and the love He wants to display through me. Oftentimes, I don’t 'feel' like being respectful, but with God’s help I can be!"

Some thoughts today: When Christ went to the Cross and died for sinful men, He proclaimed that it was "finished." This completed the penalty needed for our salvation, and the way back to the Father.

- If you have yet to ask Jesus into your heart and life, please know that you are not prepared for death...you have a choice yet, as to where you'll spend eternity.


- Give God liberty to reveal His love to you in and through Jesus. Open the  Bible to St. John, and begin your search to find out the Truth.

21st- Tuesday’s post:  #59 Territoriality in Southern Mexico
C. Peter Wagner
23rd- Thursday's post:  #60 Spiritual Boot Camp
C. Peter Wagner
25th- Saturday's post:  Seasons of the Heart
James H. Cagle
26th- Sunday evening's post:  Pray First
Jennifer Benson Schuldt

A popular post:  It's Okay to Ask Oswald Chambers  tells us,“If you are up against the question of relinquishing, go through the crisis, relinquish all, and God will make you fit for all that He requires of you.”... 



No comments:

Post a Comment