Thursday, September 24, 2015

#98 Rule #1: The Area


C. Peter Wagner: "Select a manageable geographical area with discernible spiritual boundaries.

A common tendency for beginners is to select a target area too large for warfare prayer to be very effective.

I do not mean there won't be occasions when God will call some to pray for the large-scale things, especially when the prayers are focused on critical issues.

I believe, for example, that God used the prayers of Dick Eastman, Gwen Shaw, Beth Alves and many others I will never hear about to bring down the Berlin wall and the Iron Curtain.

I believe God is using Hector Pardo and Christy Graham to open Albania to the gospel. I believe God used Cathy Schaller to depose Manuel Noriega.

I believe God used John Dawson to lower the crime rate in Los Angeles during the 1984 Olympics. I believe God used my wife, Doris, and Cindy Jacobs to turn around the economy in Argentina and to encourage the Argentine government to return 150,000 hectares of land to the native Indians.

Let me explain. I do not think the prayers of any one of these individuals or the group they prayed with bore a one-to-one cause -and-effect relationship to any of these social changes.

But the individuals I named are all personal friends whom God uses powerfully in prayer. I know each one prayed very specifically for the situation described, and each one testified after a particular season of prayer that they sensed something had been changed in the spiritual realm.

The secret behind the effectiveness of these high level warfare pray-ers is simple. Before they prayed, these intercessors sought and discerned the will of God, determined the kairos or divinely appointed time, and then obeyed God's call to pray according to His will.

Each of them knew that any number of other intercessors were also hearing from God and praying the same way. When they sensed they had the victory, it did not mean to any of them that they had single-handedly brought down the enemy forces.

But they knew they had a part, even though a small one, in the final outcome. They might not have scored touchdowns, but they might well have made firstdowns."

(Google image and emphasis added)


#98  Rule #1: The Area
By C. Peter Wagner
(pp. 163, 164) Regal Books






    Father, I ask that You help us discern Your will for us about what the burden is You've given us. May we examine carefully the given needs, and begin to pray accordingly in Your time and in the manner You reveal.
    May our thoughts be Yours, as to what we can accomplished for the Kingdom in saving precious souls in our area. Please make Your plan plain, and open doors that will provide the help we'll need to accomplish Your best for us.
     I ask this, trusting in the Name of Jesus, amen. 
      
Today’s Bible verse: Ez. 11:19 "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh."

   I'd like for you to click on the "email address" on my blog, to receive these regular posts. I'd then appreciate your letting me know you've done this, so I can remove the emailing of the notices to you. I believe it would help me with getting the Faith Messages out in a secured, reliable manner. Thanks!
   Also, if you'd rather not receive the notices at all, please let me know, as I'm paring down the long lists...

Today’s quote: Dr. Charles F. Stanley - "Your salvation should be a reflection of Jesus everywhere you do. As you work it out among your friends and family, on the job or in school, and even with strangers, God's Spirit will energize you to  make a difference and impact others—that is, to be salt and light (Matt. 5:13-16). [Taken from IN TOUCH, a publication of In Touch Ministries - April 2014]

Some thoughts today: Are you willing to be inconvenienced? Spent for the kingdom? Have fruit for your efforts?

~ We'll be rewarded for our obedience to God. Plant what you can and believe He will give the increase. God doesn't expect the same return in the various Kingdom efforts.

~ We're to expect to have a harvest where we sow. Labor with the hope of fruit. God sees us a successful in His sight, when we follow His guidelines for our particular ministry efforts.


26th- Saturday’s post:  How to Have Peace
Jennifer Benson Schuldt 
27th- Sunday evening's post:  I Speak the Desires I have for You
Lee Forbes
29th- Tuesday's post;  #99  Manageable Units
C. Peter Wagner
Oct. 1st- Thursday's post:  #100  Christ for the City
C. Peter Wagner



   
  A popular post:   Present but Not Fully Checked In Michael Brooks shares with us, "But the Jews incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. 
They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region." Acts 13:50


"I think this is an interesting sequence of events:.."  


No comments:

Post a Comment