Saturday, October 10, 2015

Why Wait?



Jean Oathout: Ever wonder why the Lord asks us to wait for something?

Do you suppose it may have something to do with His timing of what we're asking for, and whether or not it's best for us?

Maybe we need to examine His thoughts more carefully on the subject, and discover why it is best to wait for God's will to be done, and not our own.

    "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou
     shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Ps. 32:8

    "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is 
     from him." Ps. 61:5

God may be refining us, to make us ready to receive what He wants to have happen. There may be thought, speech, and behavior patterns that need changing.

When preparing for marriage, there are a lot of preparations which need to happen before there can be a successful marriage with a commitment that lasts. 

Just moving to another place or into different circumstances will not change behavior, only a change in thoughts and habits will accomplish that.

    "Our soul waiteth for the Lord: he is our help and our shield." 
     Ps. 33:20

What about other choices? are we interested in what would be best to choose? Waiting on God, seeking information, and securing good counsel are of utmost importance. Hasty decisions make for lives of unrest, troublesome times, and lives that won't be the best in the long run.

Will you be one who wants God's best? I hope so, my friend. Give much thought and prayer to any important life-directional decisions. The God who loves us, really wants what is best for us.

Some more Bible Verses:


    "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the LORD." Ps. 27:14  (KJV)

    "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run 
and not faint." Is. 40:31 (KJV)

      "This is what the LORD saysyour Redeemer, the Holy 
        One of Israel: 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches 
        you what is best for you, who directs you in the way 
        you should go.' " Is. 48:17 (NIV)


The Weight of the Wait  By JillSavage on Oct 08, 2015 

"Today I’m experiencing the relief of good news. However, before the good news arrived, there were six days of “no news.” The journey of those five days is what’s on my mind today.
Last week I had my every three month oncologist appointment.  I mentioned to him about some chest pain I’d been experiencing. His physical exam found a “fullness” but no lump. He said he didn’t think it was cancer, but he wanted to order a CT Scan to be sure..."
(Check out Jill Savage's post, and find out what she recommends while waiting, as she was healed from cancer last year...)



Father, 
About the hardest thing to do is to wait...
We feel we need to make decisions when we
are faced with a problem, and some of us 
want to act quickly.
It's also natural for us to speak our minds, as to
what we'd like done in the matter, as we actually
believe we know what's best...
Life has, and is, proving that this isn't our
best way to live.We don't know what is 
Your plan for our lives. 
But You invite us to seek Your wisdom 
to give us the best guidance.
Father, may we from now on, be open to Your 
Voice in our lives, so we can receive Your best!
I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen.


Today’s quote:


Dr. Charles F. Stanley - "People who run from divine direction may attempt to silence the Spirit's reminders by filling their life with distractions. They know what God  wants from them but are too proud, stubborn, or scared to comply. What we must understand is that God will pursue us—stripping away diversions and crutches to get our attention. Wise believers obey Him promptly rather than waste time and talent by running." (From IN TOUCH, Daily Readings for Devoted Living - June 2015, p. 31)

Some thoughts today: 

Some journaling words, that I [Jean] believe the Lord spoke to me to write down: "My plans are good, and because you're waiting for My will to be done, I will show you the value of waiting. It takes years [sometimes] for Me to bring things together for your good, and so I'll receive the glory due to My name." (See Jer. 29:11).

- That is such an encouragement to me, as I've believed God has a purpose and a plan for my life, and that He'll see that it gets done.

My trying to make things happen has failed miserably (so many times) as no doubt you've found it to be true. It's time we learned to wait on His perfect plans for us, my friend!


Funzypics.com
                                           
11th- Sunday's post:  Gone. All Gone
Shawn Jaynes
13th-  Tuesday's post:  #103  Rule: #4 The Spiritual Preparation
C. Peter Wagner
15th-  Thursday's post: #104  Rule #5: The Research
C. Peter Wagner
17th- Saturday's post:  Created for a Purpose
Lee Forbes






No comments:

Post a Comment