Tuesday, November 17, 2015

#113 The Pitfall of Understanding the Enemy


C. Peter Wagner: "I happen to be a dairy farmer. This is the vocation I learned as a child, and I even have my B.S. degree in dairy production.

Most of my experience came in the days before artificial insemination when dairy bulls were very much a part of farm life.

Many people do not know that dairy bulls (unlike beef bulls) are one of the most vicious animals known. Like the devil, they are extremely powerful and they are extremely mean.

Give them the slightest opportunity and they will kill you. In dairy country like mine in upstate New York, every town has its story of those who were seriously wounded or killed by bulls.

One of the reasons I was never the victim of a bull's attack is that I so greatly respect them I know what they can do, when they do it and how they do it.

But I am not afraid of them. I can make a dairy bull do nearly anything I want him to do. My power doesn't even compare to that of a bull, but I can lead one into the show ring, for example, just like a little kitten.

Satan and his forces are like the bull. Martin Luther said, "On earth is not his equal." But through the blood of Jesus  Christ and the weapons of our spiritual warfare we need not be afraid.

Even so, the minute you underestimate Satan's power and lose your respect for him, you can be dead. 

Some, I am sad to report, have actually lost their lives in strategic-level spiritual warfare. One of my Fuller students, Wilson Awasu of Ghana, wrote a research paper describing a Presbyterian pastor, C. Y. Adjanku, who ordered a tree enshrined by stanic priests to be cut down. When the tree fell, he dropped dead.

Among the most highly respected intercessors and spiritual warriors today is Johannes Facius of Germany, coordinator of Intercessors International.

I point this out so that we understand we are not talking about a novice, but a veteran. He tells how back in 1986, a team of intercessors went to the Soviet Union and entered the Lenin Mausoleum in Moscow.

They felt they should pronounce judgment upon the "god of the Soviet system," Vladimir Lenin.

What happened in the heavenlies at that time we do not know. We do know that Soviet Communism soon crumbled.

But Facius says,

      It was through this move against the Enemy that I
      suffered one of the strangest attacks of sickness that I
      have ever experienced."


The initial attack lasted one day, but soon afterward came a debilitating heart disease. He sees it as a counterattack of the spirit of death they had resisted in the Lenin Mausoleum.

Three years of severe depression followed. After that he was delivered in a session that lasted less than 30 seconds!

When Facius mentioned the spirit of death I shuddered. Because Doris and I are convinced that the perpetrator of the attacks on her was the spirit of death from Resistencia, Argentina: San La Muerte."

(Google image and my emphasis added)

#113 The Pitfall of Understanding the Enemy
By C. Peter Wagner
(pp. 186-187) Regal Books



     

    Father, please help us to be mindful of the Enemy's strength against us as individuals, without the power of the Name of Jesus!
    I don't want to be afraid to wage warfare for the sake of others, so ask for the mind of Jesus, and the power of the Holy Spirit in all that I do in prayer.
    I ask this in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the LORD thy God is with thee whether soever thou goest."

Today’s quote: Frances Gregory Pasch"We often tend to worry more about our outward appearance than our spiritual characteristics. Yet no matter how good we look, if our actions are not Christ-like, we miss what really counts. God says to clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. To forgive others, and put on love which binds the other virtues together." Pasch devotions and poetry (used by permission)

Some thoughts today: Remember: God's purpose is to change us. This means a transformation on our insides. As Jesus became our perfect example, His Holy Spirit lives within His believers to walk with them and to make the changes, as they cooperate with Him.

~ Speaking in the heavenly language needs to be from one who's life exemplifies Jesus.

~ If good teachers could bring revival, we'd be on fire for Jesus. When eternity invades your heart through the move of the Holy Spirit, nothing else will ever satisfy you. 


19th- Thursday’s post:  #114 The Pitfall of Spiritual Arrogance   C. Peter Wagner
21st- Saturday's post:  Redeemed for an Eternity               Lee Forbes
22nd- Sunday evening's post:  The Power of One single Act   James H. Cagle
24th- Tuesday's post:  #115 The Pitfall of Poor Timing         C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:   Spirit or Flesh? Mary Carothers - “I overheard a Christian brother explode in anger at a friend of mine. I was stunned! How could he do such a thing? Anger began to boil up in me as I thought of the gentle spirit of my friend..."











No comments:

Post a Comment