Sunday, January 3, 2016

I Am Resolved



I greet in a moment an open threshold,
The very birthing of an unblemished year;
Unfurrowed by any heartache and sorrow,
Undiminished by any wrong or a single bitter tear.

It’s a golden span of time I’m allotted
A priceless gift I’ll use a little of each day;
Through which I will sow the seeds that I choose,
In my words and actions along my way.

But e’er I pass through this open threshold
And a nonreturnable moment has ebbed away,
I firmly close and latch the door to my past,
And bathe in the hope of a brand new day.

I’ve closed the year from which I’ve emerged;
For its record is sealed and cannot be changed.
So my past won’t keep me from looking ahead;
As I make a difference and work for change.

I am therefore resolved henceforth to sow
The much needed seeds of hope, faith and cheer
And should some shadow fall ‘cross my path,
I will continue my quest through pain or tears.

For I am resolved, that beginning today
That, regardless of what each day may send,
I will seek after knowledge and wisdom and grace
And strew them by faith against prevailing winds.

And when this year ahead has slipped into my past
And each opportunity it gave me is gone,
Will my words and deeds that are forever recorded
Make me rejoice when this account I must own?

The year has begun and speeds hastily to its end,
And so very soon I will see it spent and gone,
So I must be up and busy about my task,
Amidst so many others on a path that I walk alone.

This new year is untouched by mistakes or regret,
It’s fresh and unstained by rebellion and sin.
I’ll take God’s outstretched hand to guide me through,
On this new journey that, today, I begin.

(Google image and my emphasis added)

I Am Resolved by James F. Cagle


Today’s Bible verse: 2 Kings 15:3 a "And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD."

Today’s quote: "It's good to know that the God who cares for us never loses track of us. In fact, Jesus said that not even one sparrow 'will fall to the ground outside your Father's care...So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows' "(Matt. 10:29-31).

When we face difficult circumstances, fear may cause us to wonder if God is aware of our situation. Jesus' teaching assures us that God cares deeply and is in control. His tracking of our lives will never fail." 
Dennis Fisher (ODB 12/31/15)

Some thoughts today: God is writing the unique story of your life. Fear is a real force, but remember, God is in your situation.

To be born again is a miracle. We are miracles of Gods grace in our new birth in Christ. "Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance." (Ps. 89:15)

~ God's Kingdom will never end...you're invited to be a part of it, my friend. Pray for Jesus to fill you today with His Holy Spirit. He waits on your invitation...




                     Father,
    As You're writing our story, help me to look to 
You for guidance for this up-coming new year.
I ask for Your knowledge, wisdom and grace,
 as I begin my walk through whatever may be
coming down my path in life.
No new mistakes are made yet in this
new year, so I commit my efforts to live
in harmony with those who are close to me.
May my life exemplify Your grace working
in me to become more like Christ.
I ask this in Jesus' Name. Amen.

5th- Tuesday’s post:  #5 The Time Spam in Prevailing Prayer   Wesley L. Duewel
7th- Thursday's post:  #6 The Levels of Prevailing Prayer   Wesley L. Duewel
9th- Saturday's post: Worth Waiting For
Dutch Sheets
10th- Sunday evening's post: Forgiveness  Does Not Come to Those   Lee Forbes


A popular post:Who Can Pass Up Chocolate? Tami Thurber shares with us how we can actually find- "It’s easy to splurge, to let our self-control lag for a moment, but unhealthy food is not the only contaminate we allow into our systems. I’m sick because I’m dumb. Last week my husband went with me to the grocery store..."






No comments:

Post a Comment