Saturday, April 16, 2016

Personal Help




   Lisa Buffaloe: "There are days the journey is difficult and the trials are many. If you are going through hardships, I’ve placed these verses to give you hope. 

   Would you be willing to read and make them personal? God’s word is for you.

   I can do everything through Him who gives me strength, for all things are possible with God. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. When anxiety was great within me, His consolation brought joy to my soul.

   The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

   I will consider it pure joy, when I face trials of many kinds, because the Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.

   He will cover me with His feathers, and under His wings I find refuge; His faithfulness will be my shield and rampart. For, those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

   The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

   Let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.

  Present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.


From Philippians 4:13, Mark 10:27, Psalm 118:14, Psalm 94:19, Psalm 28:7, James 1:2, Habakkuk 3:19, Psalm 91:4, Psalm 126:5, Psalm 28:7, Psalm 5:11, and Jude 1:24-25.

  The Bible contains a rich storehouse of treasure verses to help us through whatever difficulties we may face. When we take time to not only read God’s word but remember His words are written personally for us, we can find the peace and joy of His presence.
Posted: 20 Mar 2016 01:00 PM PDT

(Google image and my emphasis added)

Depression and Marriage

By Jill Savage on Apr 11, 2016 05:08 am

Jill: "Don’t dance around it, don’t sweep it under the rug, and don’t minimize it. If you or your spouse struggles with depression, call it what it is, get the help needed, and keep the communication lines open. Mental health is just as important as physical health."


     Father, You are our Helper, and we're beginning to understand that there are specific times of our dire need to connect with Your Word for encouragement.
   As we read words that speak to our needs, give us the joy that comes from You.
   Thank You that You've written each word in the Bible for us to take as from You, personally. Write them on our hearts, so we can remember them when troubling times come, as they no doubt will.
   I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.


Today’s Bible verse-

(Ps. 27:14)
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait I say, on the LORD."

Today’s quote-

   "The most authentic type of prayer is humble supplication, the pouring out of the heart before God. Such prayer reveals our absolute dependence on God, our total helplessness apart from God. It also attests the incontrovertible fact that only those who actively seek help from the living God, only those who cast themselves on his mercy, can be used by God as instruments of his redemptive will and purpose." (p. 75 in The Struggle of  Prayer, by Donald G. Bloesch)

Our thought today-

   When we have a wrong image of Christ, we'll be disappointed. Read the Bible for yourself to get the right image of the Savior. Ask Him for His help to give you the understanding He wants you to have.

Our question today-

   Do you have hope in you for something big? As God is BIG, He delights in giving us awesome answers to our prayers for His help. If we'll be watchful in every circumstance, He'll show us His glory, even in dire ones that tear the heart.

Upcoming posts-

The Power of the Word of God: Part 2
17th- Sunday evening's post by R. A. Torrey

#25 You Must Prevail Over Satan
19th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

21st- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

23rd- Saturday's post by R. A. Torrey

A popular post-  Mournful to Hopeful

Max Lucado tells us, "In May of 2008, Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth lost their five-year-old daughter in an automobile accident..."









1 comment:

  1. This is s beautiful. I love the compilation of bible verses. I'm copying this because it truly is a keeper. Debbie

    ReplyDelete