Saturday, September 26, 2020

Personal Help



Lisa Buffaloe: "There are days the journey is difficult and the trials are many. If you are going through hardships, I’ve placed these verses to give you hope. Would you be willing to read and make them personal? God’s word is for you . . .

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength, for all things are possible with God. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. When anxiety was great within me, His consolation brought joy to my soul. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. (Google image, Man reading the Bible in hard times)


I will consider it pure joy, when I face trials of many kinds, because the Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights. He will cover me with His feathers, and under His wings I find refuge; His faithfulness will be my shield and rampart. For, those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.

To Him who is able to keep me from falling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

The Bible contains a rich storehouse of treasure verses to help us through whatever difficulties we may face. When we take time to not only read God’s word but remember His words are written personally for us, we can find the peace and joy of His presence.












"Oh Lord do You see me? Do You hear my cries?

I know You are here, but I can’t see You.
I know You care, but I can’t feel You.
Oh Heavenly Father, calm my troubled soul.
Speak Your words of life, open my ears to hear You, tender my heart to feel You.


Dear child, as you draw near to Me, I will draw near to you.
I will never leave you or forsake you.
My plans are for you.
My heart is tender and compassionate.
My love is unfailing.
I am with you always.
You can hear my voice and I will lead you and joyfully be with you forever.
Come to Me and rest in My love."


Let's pray-

   Father, some days are difficult with trials we have to face. Thankfully, we are able to do everything through Jesus, Who is our Strength and Song. He has become our salvation, so we can look to Him when we have anxiety and receive His consolation to bring fresh joy to our souls.

   Help us consider it pure joy to face trials of various kinds, as we find strength and  shelter beneath Christ's wings of refuge. He will cause our hearts to be glad, and we'll quickly learn to give You thanks in song for His protection over us.

   May we find that Christ keeps us from falling and will present us some day before You without fault and with great joy. Help us take the treasures of the Bible to guide us through whatever difficulties we may face, taking the time to not only read the Scriptures, but to remember that the words were written personally for us, so we can find the peace and joy today in His presence.

   I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen
   

346-350 one-line KJV Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- 

346- Ecc. 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

347- Ps. 106:12 "Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.

348- Pro. 16:8 "Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right."

349- Is. 18:1 "Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia."

350- Ps. 105:3 "Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD."


Our quote for today-

~ Mary Southerland- Here is a great definition of listening: "paying attention, with the intention of understanding." In other words - we are not just listening to their words. We are listening for the message behind the words. When we take a posture of listening we will not only hear what the person is saying. Jesus will help us understand what that person is really saying.
The number on-way God meets needs in this world is through His children. And if we are going to partner with God to meet the needs of those around us, we must learn to listen for need. 
Words of Wisdom

If you've lost someone who was dear to you, grieving is expected, of course. Those who had faith in Jesus, will be waiting for you in heaven, so won't that be a great reunion day! Circumstances other than death, will cause grief too, but if we'll look to Jesus for His comforting words from the Bible, we'll be sustained.


By Glenn Sunshine


"Lord, this is a dark and dangerous time for our country. Our politics is full of hate, and it is spilling over in how we think of and treat each other. And like any nation, we have guilt for the evil that we have done and permitted.

We have the blood of tens of millions of unborn children on our hands. How do you even begin to atone for 62 million children slain in the womb? We can only appeal to your mercy and pray for an end to the slaughter of innocents . . . "


I invite you to view the latest 7 posts on my blog today: Jean's blog

For CFC Sunday services 10 or 10:15, and the recorded daily devotions. 

Check out the livestream link: https://www.cfconline.org/

     #63 How God Uses Your Praise
29th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel  

     #64 Praise Empowers Your Prayers
10/1- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

          To Be Like Him
3rd- Saturday's post by Jean Oathout

     #65 How to Praise the Lord
6th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel








1 comment: