Sunday, July 24, 2016

Pray Without Ceasing


Germaine Copeland:Prayer is not always about praying aloud; God knows our thoughts from afar and He looks on the heart.

Prayer is more than words; it is
an attitude, which will control how you respond to prayer.

Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines attitude as a mental position with regard to a fact or state. You may not believe that God hears and answers prayer, and if so, you probably will not develop an attitude of prayer.

However, if you will believe, you can maintain an attitude of prayer at all times, in every season, on every occasion. There are times when you may need to pray aloud, and I encourage you to pray powerful Scriptural prayers aloud often. 

There may be times when your inner self is crying out, even groaning within. The Holy Spirit is always present to help you pray when you don't know how, or what to pray.

It is said that the preacher, C. H. Spurgeon once said:

    'Since we are to pray without ceasing, it is clear 
     that audible language is not essential to prayer. 
     Silence is as fit a garment for devotion as any 
     that language can fashion.'

Prayer-

    Heavenly Father, may my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. Thank you for the Holy Spirit who helps me maintain an attitude of prayer, and even helps me when I don't know how or what to pray.

Thank you for hearing me whether I'm praying aloud or reaching out to you in silence. Jesus, you are my example in prayer, and whatever I ask for in prayer, I believe that it is granted me, and I will receive it. 

In the name of Jesus and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will pray without ceasing. Amen."

Scripture Reading:

"May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice."
Psalm 141:2 (NIV) 

"For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].
Mark 11:24 (AMP)


"Pray without ceasing."
1 Thessalonians 5:17


Germine Copeland of Word Ministries
June 14,2016

Today's quotes-

"Don’t see your struggle as an interruption to life but as preparation for life. No one said the road would be easy or painless. But God will use this mess for something good. This trouble you are in isn’t punishment; it’s training, the normal experience of children. God is doing what’s best for us, training us to live God’s holy best!"

From You’ll Get Through This

Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado at OnePlace.com

"Beloved Christians—ministers, missionaries, teachers, workers, believers old and young—are you mourning your lack of prayer and, as a consequence, your lack of power in prayer? O come and listen to your beloved Lord as He tells you to be a branch, united to and identified with the heavenly Vine; your prayers will then be effective and powerful."



There’s A Whole Lot More God In Me

By Jill Savage on Jun 27, 2016 05:47 am
Mark: Jill and I spent the weekend in Cincinnati. She had the privilege of speaking at the AWSA (Advanced Writers and Speakers Association) conference on Saturday
. We decided to stay an extra day since Saturday was our anniversary..."

{If you checked Our Father Listens, and found it incomplete, please check it now, as I've filled the post out.}


Upcoming weekly posts-

God's Desire for Us    
    31st- by Lee Forbes

It's Time to Pray!    
    8/7- by Carter Conlon

God Give Us the Grace to Pay the Price
    14th- by Hyman J. Appelman

Prepare to Defend
    21st- by Cindy Sproles
  

31-day Devotional + my personal story, using
 the information I shared.

 A great gift for someone who may need help to 
prepare for marriage, and for those in a 
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.







No comments:

Post a Comment