Sunday, August 7, 2016

It's Time to Pray!



Carter Conlon: My brother, my sister, if ever there was a time to pray, it is now, because evil is at the gate.

And if we do not pray, I want to ask you what kind of a country are we going to be giving to our children and our grandchildren? 
(Google image, Praying hands with flag behind)

What kind of evil is going to invade the classroom, deeper than that which is already there? What kind of laws are going to be passed, obligating the church of Jesus Christ to become partakers of this nation's sin?

I want you to think long and hard about this because we are at the moment where evil is at the gate. We do not have five years to get this right.


Pray that we not be like Belshazzar (see Dan. 5:22) and his company, that we can hear these words and yet do nothing. I challenge churches that are prayerless—start to pray!


Somebody for the sake of God and for this nation, somebody somewhere start to pray! If they will not open the building, start a prayer meeting in your home. We are at a crisis point now.


You see the crisis can be averted, in measure, because I honestly believe that God is good, and His mercy endures forever. I honestly believe that America can experience a Third Great Awakening, a spiritual awakening, before that final day of Judgment comes to this whole world.


I believe that God can touch our children, God can touch our churches, God can touch our neighborhoods. I believe this with all of my heart!


But I know there has never been a great awakening anywhere at anytime in history without somebody somewhere praying and laying hold of God. It all begins with prayer.


Christ has given power into the hands of His church. It has always been there. If we are willing to walk in truth, if we are willing to do it God's way, we have the power.


He has provided to us everything we need. He has given us His blood to cleanse us from all sin, to break chains and to set us free. He has given us the power to live in freedom, power to walk away from that which captivates the hearts of ungodly men and women.


He has given us the power to live a new life. He has given us promises to be everything that God declares that we should be. We have no excuse to live in spiritual poverty.


It was all done on the cross for us, and He has left us here as co-laborers with Him to win a harvest and to bring glory to His name.


We do not have to surrender this nation or this city into the hands of darkness. I believe that with all my heart. I am not living a pipe dream. I know who God is.  


I know what He has  done in my life, I know what I have seen Him do throughout the world, I have watched Him at work, I know his heart.


So I plead with you, pray. And walk righteously, otherwise your prayers are pointless." 


(Copyright 2016 Times Square Church. {parts of a} sermon preached by Carter Conlon. Used by permission of  Herald of His Coming Newspaper, Vol. 75, May 2016, No. 25 (893), p. 3 &4, used by permission.]


Let's pray-

    Father, we believe You are good, and that Your desire is for our country to once again claim, "In God we trust!"
    You have given us the power to live a new life, and You've given us promises to be everything You declare that we should be.
    We ask for Your Spirit's help to be willing to walk in Your truth, so we will have the power to overcome every obstacle that hinders Your making our country great again.
    Help us walk righteously, so our prayers will be effective. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's Bible verse-

(Ps. 27:13, 14 KJV) "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD"

Today's quotes-

"The highest form of prayer is to the goodness of God....God only desires that our soul cling to him with all of its strength, in particular, that it clings to his goodness. For of all the things our minds can think about God, it is thinking upon his goodness that pleases him most and brings the most profit to our soul." Julian of Norwich quoted in Richard Foster, ed., Devotional Classics 
(San Francisco: HarperSanFrancisco, 1993, p. 71.

"If we desire to be delivered from the sin of neglecting prayer, we must enlarge our hearts for the work of intercession. Praying constantly for ourselves will come to failure. Only in intercession for others will our faith, love, and perseverance be aroused, and the power of the Spirit, which can fit us for saving men, be found."  (Taken from p. 34 of The Ministry of Intercession by Andrew Murry)

Jean's blog  (link to find snippets of several recent posts to choose from).


Upcoming weekly posts-

        God Give Us the Grace to Pay the Price
14th- by Hyman J. Appelman

21st- Prepare to Defend by Cindy Sproles

28th- Ashamed by Lisa Buffaloe

9/4th- Called By Name by Dave Branon

(Type the title of interest into he "search" link on the left top of the page)



31-day Devotional my personal story, using
 the information I shared.

A Sample poem pg. 51-

"Lord Jesus is the name we use;
It is the name God gave.
His Word does say he won't refuse
A call on Him to save..."

(Published by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas.
Used by permission).

 A great gift for someone who may need help to 
prepare for marriage, and for those in a 
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.






2 comments:

  1. Jean, I've listened to Carter Conlon's sermon, "It's Time to Pray" probably 8 or 9 times. Such an outstanding message! I'm so glad you took time to transcribe some of the message and share it here.

    ReplyDelete