Saturday, October 22, 2016

Unexpected




Lisa Buffaloe: You know those unexpected moments, the ones 
that creep up on you and send your world reeling? 

When it comes to negative life interruptions, I could list a list that 
would take years to list. Goodness, the world can be such a difficult place.


As I contemplated the news and prayer requests just from today, 
I felt like I could hyper-ventilate. It’s… all… just… too… much.

Then I remembered, God’s got this. God’s got this.

God’s got that situation… that person… those people… 
that difficulty … that heartache… that need. He never slumbers or sleeps and His love is unfailing.

Remembering God has the world in His hands, nothing is impossible for Him, no need is too great for Him, and nothing happens that catches Him by surprise, gives me air to breathe.

God has all the needs of our unexpected needs already expected and everything we need ready for what we will go through.
  
We may be surprised by the unexpected, but there are no surprises for The One who knows all. God’s got this.

Breathe, friend. God’s got this.

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10 (NASB)

“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” ~Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)

Posted: 15 Aug 2016 12:56 PM PDT



(2 Timothy 1:6-7 (NKJV) “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Photos and Scriptures by Lisa Buffaloe


Today's quote-

Sharon Jaynes: "The devil wouldn’t mess with you if you weren’t a menace to his plans and a valuable asset to God.

What the devil really wants to do is to steal your confidence, and the best time to rob you blind is during a season of disappointment. Guard your heart. Don’t be caught unaware and allow him to hold you back, trip you up or slow you down. The circumstances are, well, just circumstantial--collateral damage in the real battle to take away your confidence in Christ.

So don’t let the devil win. You are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus!

Let go of debilitating discouragement and take hold of your next assignment!"


For You, Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.  Neil Vermillion


Let's pray-

   Father, "I am in need, Lord, of Your power so that I might change and grow. I surrender myself to You. Please help me to understand how to be submissive to You that I might be filled with Your Spirit."  (Our Daily Bread 9/13/16)



Today's special link- 

Smoke Signals  Lisa Buffaloe 

"We lift up our friends to God, and I imagined placing them in a hot air balloon basket and watching as they float safely heavenward. 

One morning on the way to pray, God blessed me with this photo opportunity.

*Photo by Lisa Buffaloe

What a sweet gift and reminder. Keep the prayers rising upward and let’s flood the heavens to empower God’s heavenly hosts."

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.” ~ Psalm 141:2 (NIV)

Adapted from Living Joyfully Free Devotional, Volume 2http://amzn.to/1WMaj9U

Our Testimony today:

Julie Quiñones: "Today, (October 9, 2016), is a big deal to me. Today, 7 years ago, I put down the drugs instead of letting the drugs put me down. I started out slow, the walking skeleton. As I continued to walk away from a life of self abuse I walked into a church. First, I started out in the basement of these churches. Usually at night and never on a Sunday. Then I made my way up to the chairs on a Sunday morning. It was there that I found a new way to live. There I found hope for the hopeless. I was being transformed. I prayed, Lord, take my will and my life. Guide me. He took a skeleton, gave it a heart and a mind. Dressed it up and called it daughter. I am forever grateful."


Today's Spotlight sermons-



     OCTOBER 16, 2016


Week 4: Submission and Honor

Speaker: Ben Levendusky

Series: Grace Under Pressure

Location: CFC Madrid

Passage: 1 Peter 2:11-2:25



Week 4: Grace to Live in a Fallen World, Pt 1

Speaker: Daniel Paladin

Series: Grace Under Pressure

Location: CFC Potsdam

Passage: 1 Peter 2:11-2:25



Week 4: Freed to Honor

Speaker: Jamie Sinclair

Series Grace Under Pressure

Location: CFC Canton

Passage: 1 Peter 2:11-2:25


CFC sermons - You can check out many sermons, and select the ones of interest to you. Maybe you missed one...


Upcoming posts-


#65 The Dynamic of the Spirit Part 1

25th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel


#66 Living on this Side of Pentecost

27th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel


Be Swift my Soul to Listen

29th- Saturday's post by Lee Forbes


#67 The Spirit Helps Us Pray

10/1 Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel



Such beauty to see!


Jean's blog (Click to see recent posts. Then click Older Posts for more)




31-day Devotional my personal story

A sample verse, p. 49:

"It's God Who'll give you guidance, dear
   So that you can soon see,
How you're to live will become clear
In each adversity..."

 A great gift for someone who may need help to 
prepare for marriage, and for those in a 
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment