Saturday, April 22, 2017

God Knows


Jean Oathout: Have you ever wondered if God notices you, and if He knows your whereabouts? Well, be assured, He does know, and He cares. (Your whereabouts)


   Let's read about God's knowing everything about us from the Message Bible's rendition in Ps. 139:1-16, 23-24:

   "God, investigate my life;

get all the facts firsthand.
   I'm an open book to you;
even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.
   I'm never out of our sight.
You know everything I'm going to say
   before I start the first sentence.
I look behind me and you're there,
   then up ahead and you're there, too
   your reassuring presence, coming and going.
This is too much, too wonderful
   I can't take it all in!

Is there any place I can go to avoid your Spirit?

   to be out of your sight?
If I climb to the sky, you're there!
   If I go under ground, you're there!
If I flew on morning's wings
   to the far western horizon,
You'd find me in a minute
   you're already there waiting!
Then I said to myself, 'Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
   At night I'm immersed in the light!'

It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you;
   Night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you.

(vv. 23-24) Investigate my life, O God,
   find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
   get a clear picture of what I'm about;
See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong
   then guide me on the road to eternal life."
Woman praying


Let's pray-


     Father, perhaps we need to reconsider our belief that You don't really care, or even interested in what we do, say or think . . .
   It appears that the truth is, that You care very much, and are interested in everything about us.
   When we read Scriptures like the one above, it is evident that You are everywhere, and that our whereabouts is known by You at all times.
   Now the next question is, do we care? Do we acknowledge Your Presence with us? Will Your Word, the Bible, influence us to where we'll obey what we read in it, hear preached and taught from it?
   I thank You for Your attention to us, Father. May I be one who more attentively listens to what You're constantly speaking into my soul daily, and to ask for your help to not only listen, but to obey.
   In Jesus' name, Amen.


Today's Bible verses-

‭             (Psalms 138:14,17-18) “I will give thanks to You, for 
       I  am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are 
       Your works, And my soul knows it very well. (vv. 17, 18)
       How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
       How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them,
       they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am 
       still with You.”


Today's quotes-

~ Bill Crowder: "How comforting to know God loves us perfectly, is fully aware of what we will face today, and He know how best to help us in every circumstance of life.
   Our knowledge will always be limited, but knowing God is what matters most. We can trust him." 

(Taken from Our Daily Bread®, ©2/11/2017 by Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI. Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved. www.odb.org).

~ Bonnie Lancaster-Johnson- "As children of God, we are created to be His instruments, but the seasons of life often require our re-tuning. The searing heat of a painful wilderness experience, the damage of a crushed spirit, the drought of missed blessings, or the placing of faith on the wrong foundation can all cause the song of our lives to go sour." (As seen on her message: Out of Tune).


~ Max LucadoHe Knows How You Feel

   "I’ve heard people say, 'Why talk to God about my problems? He can’t understand.'
   According to the Bible--he can! The writer of Hebrews says, 'he himself has shared fully in all our experience of temptation, except that he never sinned' (Hebrews 4:15 Phillips).
   He himself!  Jesus himself shared fully, not partially, but entirely! In all our experience; every hurt; all the stresses and strains; with 
no exceptions! Why? So he could sympathize with our weaknesses.
   Every page of the Gospels hammers home this crucial principle: your God gets you! God knows how you feel. When you tell God you’ve reached your limit, he knows what you mean. When your plans are interrupted by people who have other plans, he nods in empathy. He has been there. He gets you. He knows how you feel!

From Max on Life 
Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado at OnePlace.com

Sermons spotlighted-

April 16, 2017

   CHRIST OUR KING
Location: CFC Potsdam

   THE HOPE OF THE RESURRECTION
Speaker:   Rick Sinclair  Listen
Location: CFC Madrid

Today's question-

  
Do you know that prayer should reflect God's purposes - what He wants done?

   We're not to only ask for ourselves, but to ask for what all Jesus wants done, and to become a part of His plan.


Today's special link:



Do you realize just how special you really are? Debbie McEwen's blog post - (a good one, as usual).



Today's popular post-

Toni Campbell: "Fifteen weeks ago, I learned my daughter and her husband were expecting my first grandchild.
   To realize my 'little girl' is becoming a mother herself is a surreal experience.
   And to say it was an exciting moment, would not do the depth of my joy justice."

Upcoming posts-

#109 Prayer Burden Described
25th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#110 How to Carry a Prayer Burden
27th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

When You're Hit with Life's Hammer
29th- Saturday's post by Ron Hutchcraft

#111 How to be Available for Prayer Burden
5/2 Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel 


Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of 7 recent posts) 

Samples of Jean's crafts

31-day Devotional 
Jean's testimony

[Maybe just choose a title each
day that interests you]

Sample verses from p. 44-


What Will You Now Plan
for Your life

Don't take it lightly 'cause you'll see
A lot depends on you.
Your husband's "other half" you'll be.
You'll be a team of two.

It's best for your husband to lead.
You are to support him.
You will discover you've a need
To change some things within."

(Published by Lighthouse Publishing 
                         of the Carolinas. Used by permission).

 A great gift for someone who may need help 
to prepare for marriage, and for those in a
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment