Thursday, June 20, 2019

#48 Praying for Divine Healing





   Samuel Chadwick:  The subject of Divine Healing is always with me. The infirmities of the flesh have kept it continually among the problems of my faith.

   In the work of a pastor there is no escape from it. Invalids look wistfully at the statement of the Apostle James concerning the prayer that heals the sick, and seek for guidance. (Google image, Pray-healing)
   
   Some are healed by the prayer of faith, and if one, why not another; if some, why not all? I have searched the Scriptures from end to end again and again that I might know the truth, and I have not found the subject easy of solution.


   The Problem of Divine Healing

   There is healing through the prayer of faith. The truth of this is confirmed by many witnesses who are both sane and saintly. There are those to whom is given the gift of healing, and they lay hands upon the sick and they recover.

   I myself have been healed through the prayer of faith. In my ministry I have been used of God to the healing of the sick. I have never exercised the ministry of healing except at the urgent request of the sick and a sure constraint of the Spirit of God.

   In other cases I have been quite helpless. There are those for whom I would have given my right hand if I could have prayed them to health, but I have had to see them suffer and die.

   Some have suffered untold anguish of mind because they sought for healing in vain. That has been my problem. While I was yet a young minister, one of the workers of the church was stricken with disease. 

   We claimed the promises, and some of the best people I have ever known prayed earnestly and believingly for his recovery. We refused to believe that faith could fail. He died while we prayed. The shock to our faith was overwhelming.

   A sister of my own was an invalid for many years. Devout souls distressed her by the arguments Job's comforters had hurled at him. Together we searched the Scriptures and inquired of the Lord beseeching him that she might be healed.

   The Lord answered her in a vision and gave her peace, but not healing. I could multiply such instances on the one side and on the other, and it may be that others have been similarly perplexed.

Be sure to check Thursday's post:  #49 Witnesses of Divine Healing

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
   THE PATH OF PRAYER
By Samuel Chadwick
              (Click on the title to buy)              
Used by the permission of
www.cliffcollege.ac.uk
(Emphasis added)

Let's pray-

   Father, we have known healing through the prayer of faith, and can confirm that it is what happened, sometimes to us or to others we know.
   Even those who are known to have the gift of healing by the laying on of their hands, know full well that not everyone they pray for recovers.
   They wonder if one gets healed, why not someone else, why not all? Many learn that You are the One who decides who gets healed, as You know about every situation, and how it relates to their well being and future, and Your particular will for that person.
   Praying for others is our privilege and honor as Your children, born of Christ's Spirit. We don't take it lightly, and we value the times our prayers bare noticeable fruit of real healing; either immediately, or over time.
   Father, help us wait on Your Spirit's guidance for our involvement in praying for the healing of others, and may we speak Scriptures that encourage faith to believe that healing is for today. 
  May we remember that Your will is to be done in every situation, and we're to do our part, and allow You to do Your part in our healing ministry . In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen


Today's Bible verses-

         Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and shield, 
       I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my 
       heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of 
       thanksgiving.”
       1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves, therefore, 
       under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift 
       you up in due time.”

       Psalm 143:8 “Let me hear of your unfailing 
       love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show 
       me where to walk, for I give myself to you." 
       Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord; be strong and 
       take heart and wait for the Lord.”

       Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart may fail, 
       but God is the strength of my heart and my 
       portion forever.”

Today's quote-

~ Gipsy Smith  (1860 - 1947) "Might our homes be like a fortress, into which the children run and are safe. Children may experience opposition, maybe ridiculed for their belief in God. Friends may try to persuade them to do things against their Christian standards.
   Your child might feel he or she stands alone. I know from experience how comforting and strengthening it is to know you will be understood and confirmed at home. God help us not to let our children down!
    Assure them God's way is the right way. And let us constantly examine ourselves that we not teach the Commandments yet fail to obey them ourselves! How easy it is to let other gods creep into our lives, such as self, standing in the community, fame, appetites, money, pleasure, etc."

Did you know?

~ Do what's in your heart to the glory of Christ, and think of the significance of your role as He breathes on your labor.

~ We're to dream big and to obey God's calling, and to find out what might be possible in our lifetime.


Upcoming posts-

          Fathers
22nd- Saturday's post by Lee Forbes

     #49 Witnesses of Divine Healing
25th- Tuesday's post by Samuel Chadwick

     #50 What Saith the Scripture?
27th- Thursday's post by Samuel Chadwick

     Ways to Make Prayer a Natural Part of Family Life
29th- Saturday's post by Kim Butts


Dog floating on pad


     









Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)


No comments:

Post a Comment