Saturday, September 19, 2020

Power in Prayer


It's hard to think that someone who has heard since early youth
The teachings of the Bible could deny the living Truth
That soon the Lord of glory will in splendor come to earth
To gather all the righteous who have known Him through rebirth

Who have not failed or faltered but each day through constant prayer
Have trust that the Saviour through His Spirit has been there
To guide them and protect them through the promise of His Word
If they in truth have followed all the lessons they have heard

Through special time with Jesus in communion everyday
So closely intermingled they could hear the things He'd say
To give them His encouragement in this temptation hour
That through His Holy Spirit He provides His mighty power

The power to be silent when there are no words to speak
But actions speak much louder to the hurting and the weak
As lifting them before Him Who before taught us to pray
Has far more power to help them than the words that we might say

And when faced with temptation through experience have learned
That all the host of demons by God's power can be turned
And put to flight before us as His angels intercede
To answer our petitions when upon our knees we plead

And when we are confronted face to face with Satan's kind
Who by the power beneath us try to steal our heart and mind
In prayer we find the answer to defeat them where they stand
The Way the Saviour taught us at the power of His command

For nothing is so mighty so invincible and true
As what the Lord has promised He will do through me and you
If daily we accept His invitation to receive
The power of His promise when by faith we do believe

His grace is all sufficient His accomplishments are real
And what He's done He'll do again no matter how we feel
For faith is not in feeling but in knowing by design
God's presence will preserve us when we give Him heart and mind

Each morning noon and evening throughout each and every day
Not doubting ever trusting in the Truth the Life the Way
Who gave up all of heaven just to prove His Father's love
And now provides His power to the prayers He hears above

Daniel 6:10-27; Matthew 6:6-13

Power in Prayer
Lee Forbes



Let's pray-

   Father, I appreciate your instructions in the way I should go, and Your guidance and leadership concerning your will, plan and purpose for my life. I will listen for your Voice as my Good Shepherd, for I know and follow You. Please bind my feet to the paths of righteousness in which You're leading me for Your name's sake. 
   I believe that You are so mighty and invincible and true, that as You've promised me, You will give me daily the power to believe you'll work through me to benefit others. When I'm confronted by Satan's kind, whether demon or person, do not let them steal my heart or mind, but help me answer as You direct, and with the power at Your command.
   I ask this in the Mighty name of Jesus. Amen


341-345 one-line KJV Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- 

341- Ps. 26:11 "But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me."

342- Ps. 5:8 "Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make they way straight before my face."

343- Ps. 38:21 "Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me."

344- Ps. 73:24 "Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel; and afterward receive me to glory."

345- Jer. 10:24 "O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing."


Today's quotes-

~ Dr. Charles Stanley- "Do you want to live with real peace, contentment and joy in life? Do you want to have the power to overcome temptation or persevere through adversity?
   Prayer is seriously powerful business. So often, though, we treat it as a perfunctory task to be checked off our daily to-do list. How can we shift our attitudes from boredom and obligation to joy and expectation? The Lord always inclines His ear to His children. Learn the foundational principles of effective prayer, and how to confidently approach God with our petitions and requests." 

Prayer That Moves God – Dr. Charles Stanley

Check out Dr. Stanley's message - You may discover the reason why your prayers are not answered. Is your God a god of your imagination? It makes a difference who the god is you're praying to!

~ "When you read your personal Bible, you are submitting to Christ’s authority and treasuring his grace. This is why an open Bible is the strongest sign of a person’s love for the Lord. Opening your Bible nourishes your soul in more ways than your phone ever can, and it shows how the Word carries weight in our lives for all who are watching." (Shared by my friend, Bonnie. Click on the blue words, and read the entire message)













Words of wisdom-

~ Ask yourself if there are activities or clutter in your life that distract you from serving Christ. Decluttering is difficult and time consuming, but rewarding, for then we can surrender to Him to determine what brings eternal value.

See many pictures of the flood in Pensacola, Fl. of Hurricane Sally's destruction  facebook.com/joshua.montuori 

Please consider helping Mercy chef in providing hot meals for thousands of affected people and volunteers. Click here to view this email on their website



       
The home pages of the Christian Fellowship Church
[Replay past services, and read past devotionals you missed. 
Sign up for them to come to you daily]
The livestream link: https://www.cfconline.org/live 
[For CFC Sunday services 10 or 10:15 am] 
Upcoming posts-

     #61 Through Christ, You Can Defeat Satan
22nd- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel
     
     #62 Your Praise Can Rout The Devil
24th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

          Personal Help
26th- Saturday's post by Lisa Buffaloe

     #63 How God Uses Your Praise
29th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel






1 comment: