Saturday, February 23, 2013

Joy and Victory in Jesus




    Mary Carothers tells us in the February PRAISE NEWS paper, "For some reason we all seem to be surprised to find ourselves in the middle of trials. 

     I don't know why we are surprised, but we feel that we should not have problems. If troubles do come, we want God to take them away. 

    God, however, wants to use these trials to teach us precious truths, and precious life lessons. This is why James writes: Consider it pure joy...whenever you face trials of any kind... James 1:2

      Merlin and I receive many prayer requests asking us to pray that God will change the circumstances in their lives. 

    Do I understand how folks feel? I sure do.

    Thirty years ago my oldest son died in an accident. Last summer another son died suddenly.  

    There are no words to describe the agony of losing someone we love. Many of you reading this can understand , because you have also walked this path.

    In the midst of this pain, is there victory for us? Yes, Oh Yes! Jesus promises us that "He will never leave us or forsake us" Heb. 13:5.

     This world is a broken and sinful-filled place, so we may not feel His presence, but we can trust God's Word. 

    He promises to be with us in our problems, not take us out of our problems.

    In fact, in John 16:33, Jesus promises we will have troubles, yet in the same breath He tells us to take heart, to cheer up, because He has overcome the world!

   The Lord assures us that IN HIM we can be more than conquerors (see Rom. 8:38.

     The key for me is to abide in Him, stay very close and spend in Him. In John 15 Jesus tells His followers how very important it is for us to live in Him and remain in Him. 

   The Amplified translation says vitally united to Him. Jesus is the only unchanging source of peace in this world.

   Victory in Jesus is all through the Bible. Psalm 94 says: "When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul."

   We will all continue to have trials. When we do, we will face the temptation to feel sorry for ourselves. 

   But we can choose to trust our lord in the midst of them.

   Did I say it would be easy? No way. But as we determine to trust the Lord, it will gradually get easier...yet never easy.  

   This is why we must stay dependent on Jesus for strength, courage and patience...for everything.

   We can walk in victory because of what Jesus has done and what He continues to do in our lives. 

   Did you know this brings glory to the Lord?

   When we walk in the joy and victory of Christ we bring Him praise and honor and glory in the heavenly (spiritual) realms. 

   Are you in physical pain? Are you struggling with the loss of a physical ability? Have you lost your job? Your home? Someone or something cherished? 

   God promises us that He is very close when we are heartbroken (see Ps. 34:18 and 109:16; Isa. 61:1). 

   There are many Scriptures where He assures us that we are not alone - regardless of how we feel.

   Let's try to give thanks to the Lord always, for all the trials we have, because we know this world is temporary.

    Everlasting joy will soon be ours!"

"I give My life for thee;
My precious blood I shed,
That thou might ransomed be
And quickened from the dead. -Havergal

Jesus sacrificed his life for ours.

Our Daily Bread
2/13/13

Let’s pray:  Father, help me to turn to You with every problem that I face in life, remembering that Your Love surrounds me. May I ask for help, knowing that You'll faithfully lead in the outcome of each situation. In Jesus' name, amen

Our Scripture for encouragement: Rev. 3:19-20 (NLT) "I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference. 'Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends."


Today’s quote: Ann Wallace – Trust and know God has our storms under control. He knows when they’re coming and when they will end. He knows how to get us through. Jesus is our example of how to manage this life. Rest in God. He will take care of us through the worst storms life brings our way."

Our thought for today:  More Word, and more time with the Holy Spirit = a stronger mask to protect us.

Tomorrow’s post:  Cry Out to God  David Roper



"The book entitled "So You Plan to Marry a Man" is a book not only for women but for men as well who are planning to get married. I say this from personal experience because me and my fiance have been reading it together and have learned many ways to have a happy and healthy relationship.
The poems in this book are very well written and easy to understand. I like the fact not only does she give her own advice but advice from God's Word as well along with quotes from people about marriage and relationships. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is in a relationship and those who plan on getting married."

A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
And looking for godly advice.






   

No comments:

Post a Comment