Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mysterious Ways: Word on the Street


Julie Lasky shares with us, "Work shoes off. Sneakers on. 
 
Time to start my daily walk. I drove to my starting point and stretched my legs. 
 
My strolls were special to me—my time to talk to God about my troubles. And I had a lot of them. 
 
Health problems, family issues, money issues—you name it. 
 
It had been an unusually hard year, and it wasn’t even summer yet! I feared what the future might bring. God, I just need some peace, I thought.

Lord, it seems like everything is culminating all at once, I said as I hung a right onto Hoffman St.. 
 
I am at my wit’s end. 
 
I turned down Clinton Street and thought of my brother, who was fighting for his life against a long-term illness. 
 
At Portage, thoughts of my disintegrating 18-year marriage tugged at my heart. 
 
With each step, the pressures seemed to build: raising two teenage girls largely on my own, mourning my father’s death, the stress of a new job, my recent surgery. 
 
There was no peace to be found. Not today.

Did God even hear me? 
 
I turned onto Circle Drive, a sleepy road with no sidewalks and very light traffic. My muscles tightened against the slight grade as I walked up the center of the road. 
 
At the top of the incline, I stopped to catch my breath. What’s that? 
 
Among the loose asphalt and broken leaves, I caught a glimpse of blue and white. I looked closer. A blue and white beaded bracelet. Shiny and new. So pristine, it must have been dropped recently.

I picked it up. Black letters were printed on the white beads. They spelled out a word: PEACE.

Where had it come from? I looked around, but didn’t see another soul on the street. I read the word again. And again. Peace.

I returned to my car and hung the bracelet on my rear view mirror. No, all my problems weren’t solved, not yet. But I knew peace was in my future."
  
Mysterious Ways: Word on the Street
Stress ruled every aspect of my life. I wished I could just find some peace. By Julie Lasky, Akron, Ohio
  
Featured Product

His Mysterious Ways

His Mysterious Ways
 A powerful collection of awe-inspiring tales that prove God never leave us alone. 





[Used by permission]

(I made draft and am sending it out to you, in the hopes that by tomorrow, I'll be able to get the schedule again...)

Scripture verse when you are discouraged, think over Psalm 23.

Today’s Bible verse:
  1 Chron. 4:10 "..Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory (border), and that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain (grieve me)!"

Today's quote:
  Mary Southerland – “There is no limit to (God’s) power and there is no end to His strength. In fact, our weakness is the perfect showcase for His strength. According to the American Holistic Health Federation, people who are not satisfied with their lives and seem to have no contentment increase their risk of premature death by at least ten percent. "

Our thought today:  People want to see peace among us Christians.


Tomorrow’s post:
#7 For Him  Dr. R.a. Torrey

A popular post:
A HAPPENING BY CHANCE:Prayer Note # 38

No comments:

Post a Comment