Monday, August 5, 2013

Some Basic Truths about Who You Are in Christ



Jill Savage gives us basic truths taken from Ephesians 1 – 3

 They are some basic truths about who you are in Christ that can be used to counteract Satan’s lies.

This is your true ID in God’s eyes!

In the book of Ephesians, God tells us:

1:3   I am blessed with every spiritual blessing – I’m not lacking.

1:4   I was Chosen before the foundation of the world. God picked me to be on His team!

1:6   God’s grace is freely given to me (see 1:8).

1:7   Redemption/forgiveness is found through Christ’s sacrifice.  When the enemy says: Some of your sins were too bad for God to  forgive… It’s a lie.

1:8   His grace is lavished on me. Over-abundance poured on me.

1:9   The mystery of His will revealed to me. He sometimes lets 
me in on
His secret!

1:11   I have an inheritance. (see 1:13,18)

1:13   I am Sealed in Him with Holy Spirit – down payment/pledge of inheritance. 

1:18   I have a rich inheritance. There’s nothing here on earth
 that can compare. “Eye has not seen…”

1:19   I get to witness His surpassing great power toward me.

2:1,3  I WAS a child of wrath; dead in my sins…but I am now ALIVE!

2:4     God’s love toward me is great. I must be pretty special.

2:5      I’m made alive in Christ.

2:6      I’m Raised up with Christ and seated with Christ in the heavenly places.

2:7      I am a trophy of God’s grace.

2:8      I’m a recipient of the gift of God.

2:10     I am God’s workmanship.

2:13     I am now brought near to Christ and His promises.

2:18     I have access to the Father through Christ.

2:19     I’m a fellow citizen with the saints and I’m in God’s household.

2:21     I’m growing into a holy temple in the Lord. v.22 a dwelling place of God.

3:6       I’m a member of God’s family and a recipient of Christ’s promises.

3:12     I have bold and confident access to the Father because 
of what Christ has done.

3:20     God is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that
 I ask or think.

[bold is added]

Let’s pray: 

   Father, we are in awe of Your provision for us in Christ. May we further understand that Your love exceeds everything we could even imagine to be true. What Jesus has accomplished for us is absolutely beyond our comprehension! Help us read the above list over from time to time, to refresh us in the truths found there. In the Name of Jesus, amen.

Today’s Bible verse: 

       Ps. 119:105 (NKJV) "Your word is a lamp to 
       my feet and a light to my path."

Today’s quote: 

~ Margaret Feinburg – “Gratitude provides the opportunity to celebrate the breadth and depth of God's wonder. Take twenty minutes today to write a letter to God—maybe even a love letter. Express your affections to God. Thank Him for all that He's done for you and all that He has yet to do. Thank Him for those big and little and long forgotten things and allow your soul to dance in the wonders of gratitude. Wonderstruck

Our thought today: God's Word carries us through every situation.

Tomorrow’s post:  #15  God Selects the Gifts  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:   

WHAT IS MEANT BY "SUFFERING FOR CHRIST"?  When we see that you’re just as willing to endure the hard times as to enjoy the good times, we know you’re going to make it, no doubt about it.

What beauty!







No comments:

Post a Comment