Saturday, April 12, 2014

Until Fears Subside


Sandra Dron shares with us her experience: "The marble felt smooth and cold in my mouth.

I held it there as I played, until it slipped down my throat and over my windpipe.
I dropped my toy.

My sisters stood at a mirror nearby, playing with their hair. I hit each one as hard as I could, to make them turn around.

Their childish response was, 'You're too little, go away!'

I stumbled to the living room, where my oldest sister sat reading.


As I started to pass out, I heard her shriek, 'Mama, come quick!'

My sister turned me upside down and beat my back until the marble dislodged and rolled away.

Everyone came running. I remember pats on my back and questions of, 'Are you okay?'

I'm unclear as to what happened next. Mama outlawed marbles from that day on, but somehow, the house went too quickly back to its former activity.

I wanted to sit on someone's lap until my fear subsided.

Our Father is called the God of all comfort. One meaning of comfort in Scripture is 'to be sighed with.'

'Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.' 2 Corinthians 1:3 NIV

He knows our need for someone to sit with, to sigh with.

We need someone who knows our pain and fear.

There is a place in each of us that longs to be held like a child. We want to be held until our fears subside.

Life's trials can take our breath, and people close to us can be unaware of their effect on us.

Even after the problem has 'dislodged,' we can still feel the aftershocks.

The God of all comfort invites you to draw close. Quiet yourself on His loving lap.

Lay your head near His heart. Sigh with Him. Receive His comfort. Let your fears subside."

Until Fears Subside - Sondra Dron sondradron@bellsouth.net

freedigitalphotos.net and Maggie Smith



Sondra Dron loves teaching, learning, and laughing.

That's why she has taught Sunday school forever. She believes that kids are God's best teachers and His richest source of laughter.

She recently retired from a Christian school and is now seeking publication of an early chapter book.

Her current project is a devotional for boys. She is an active member of Word Weavers in Wilmington, North Carolina where she lives with her husband, David.

(Used by permission by christiandevotions.us/ & Sondra Dron

Let’s pray-

   “Dear Lord, help me to walk in tandem with You today.
    Forgive me for the times I’ve wandered away and rebelled against You.
    Thank You for Your mercy and grace that allowed me to return. Help me choose my steps carefully today.
    In Jesus’ Name, Amen.” 
Sharon Jaynes 

Today’s Bible verses- Ps. 27:4 "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD, all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple."


Hebrews 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." nfo@bibledeck.com


Today’s quote: Rhonda Odom – “When I take the time to get God involved in my everyday life, trusting Him in the good times and the bad, He turns every situation around and pours out His amazing grace. Through prayer and a thankful heart, I have learned to be content, free from fear and worry.”

Some thoughts today: If we don't have a tight bond with the Lord, there'll be no power to give us strength through prayer times. The current way of praying just isn't going to work!

- We are to effect what happens here and to take authority. The Christian warrior's mentality is to take authority and effect changes!

- Tongues were a sign of fire being released on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4

13th- Sunday's post:  It's All About Jesus  Michael Brooks

Sunday evening's post:  How DO We Honor Christ?  Jean Oathout


15th- Tuesday's post:  #75  Recruiting I-2 Intercessors  C. Peter Wagner


17th- Thursday's post:  #76  Asking/Seeking God  C. Peter Wagner



A popular post-   Still in God's Hands  Randy Kilgore - "Standing with her that day, however, I marveled as again and again she comforted others—her confidence in God unshaken by this terrible blow." 

Some of the most healthful foods
God made for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment