Thursday, April 10, 2014

#74 Recruiting I-3 Intercessors

C. Peter Wagner tells us "There is usually some overlap between what I have called short-term pray-ers and 1-3 intercessors. (from PRAYER SHIELD)

Theoretically there is no upward limit to the number of 1-3 intercessors needed to support a given ministry.

The one limitation I am aware of is the ability to keep them informed.

Later I want to discuss this in some detail, but here I will simply mention that one way to keep the 1-3 intercessors informed is through a regular letter to them.

Writing and mailing such letters is where the actual number of persons on the list can increase the demands for resources of time, energy and money.

Doris and I currently have 101 1-3 intercessors to whom we send a periodic letter.

We would like more than 101 people praying for us, and we probably do have an unknown number of others who also pray for us regularly.

We try to keep the 101 list to as high a level of commitment and quality as we can. 

We do not add names easily or haphazardly. I could pass out cards for people to fill in during my seminars and probably develop a mailing list of 10,000 over a period of time. But the commitment level would drop dramatically.

Many of these would regard our letter as a newsletter and many, as the seminar became more distant in time, would habitually discard the letter 
without reading it.



On the other hand, no prayer is wasted. I would rather have 100 pastors pray for me for a week or two after a seminar than not have them pray at all. 

So I keep asking people to pray for us. Pastors should also do this week after week from their pulpits.

The more personal the requests the better—to a point. Leaders of ministries should include prayer requests in their newsletter. And many pray-ers will respond positively.

But those who do respond should not be confused with 1- 3 intercessors lest the category become meaningless. 

Some may well turn out to be 1-3s, but true 1-3 intercessors, no matter how remote they are from the pastor or leader, have sensed a call from God to 
pray for the pastor on a regular basis, even though it is not necessarily daily. 

They expect their commitment to continue for a considerable period of time."


#74 Recruiting 1-3 Intercessors,
in the series taken from C. Peter 
Wagner’s book, PRAYER SHIELD
How to intercede for pastors, Christian 
leaders and others on the spiritual 
frontlines. (pgs. 145 -146)
by Regal Books


Let’s pray:

   Father, open our eyes to the things that concern You.

   May we begin to learn new things each day, so we can become more useful in praying for our leaders and friends in our own churches.

   I ask for a personal touch today, as I go about my day's activities, that my thoughts can be formed and guided by Your Holy Spirit.

This is my prayer, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: The Acts 12:5b "but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him."

Today’s quotes: Joe Stowell – “I find myself becoming a more thankful person when I realize that, inspite my shameful fallenness, the Lord has clothed me in the beauty of His perfect righteousness. His amazing ways and unsurpassed wisdom motivate and transform me. It’s hard to be content with my life as  it is when in His presence I am drawn to become more like Him.”

Sharon Warwick - "The most amazing truth is that GOD desires to spend time with me. HE LOVES ME!!!! He sent his SON, JESUS to save me. I will never forget what it was like with HIM."

Some thoughts today: We may have to come to the end of ourselves, to find out worry doesn't help, or do any good! Prov. 3:3-5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your mind."

- God gives grace every day for that day's need.

- It's not your job to be in charge of your reputation. Let God handle it.

12th- Saturday’s post:  Lessons from My Dog  Judy Doyle

13th- Sunday's post: It's All About Jesus  Michael Brooks

13th evening's post:  How DO We Honor Christ?  Jean Oathout

15th- Tuesday's post:  #75  Recruiting I-2 Intercessors  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:  Choices  Lil Duncan - "In life, we don’t always have control over what happens to us, but we always have the choice as to how we react. Lift your hands and praise God’s name in all you do."

 
When couples pray together,
they are more apt to stay
together!


jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95 (Check out the
Reviews on the Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage,
Counseling, & Help) (Volume 1)


No comments:

Post a Comment