Saturday, May 31, 2014

Feelings vs. Truth





Kandy Wooten- “But I just don’t feel Him.
Is He even there?”

Many days this is how I feel.

I don’t have that closeness I have come to know as God’s presence. I don’t hear His voice.

Surely I am not the only one who has felt this way.

Many say God has not moved, so certainly I must have. I'm not sure why this happens or what I should do when I feel this distance.

Many, like myself, are still in the Word daily, still praying daily, and to think I am not hearing from or seeing God work is rather scary.

As I continue to grow and learn, I find God is truthful. He said he would never leave me or forsake me.

God certainly hasn’t moved and I know I have been faithful, but Satan has interfered. He is the master deceiver and will use our feelings to make us think God is far away ... that God is not active in our lives, nor is He hearing or speaking to us.

When these daily activities of our Father are called into question, Satan has accomplished his goal. He has inserted the doubt needed for us to question our faith.

God is not just a feeling. He is real and keeps every promise He makes.

Reject and rebuke the enemy. Let him know you are no longer deceived.

Realize feelings are just that
feelings. Believe in the truth of the presence of God. He told us He is with us, and He is. 

When you wake up in the morning, look for God throughout the day. Take opportunities to be still and listen for His voice. He is anxious for communication with His children.

Take this occasion to restore connection with the heavenly Father. This will be time well invested as you get reacquainted. Return to that close relationship and once again know, as well as feel, the closeness with Him you have longed for all along.


Feelings vs Truth - Kandy Wooten



"Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 NIV

Kandy Wooten is a Christian speaker and author.

Her passion for mentoring women makes her speaking personal and identifiable. She has a sense of humor that is woven throughout to keep things interesting and fun.

Kandy has a degree in ministry, business and a masters in school counseling. She currently works in public education as an elementary school counselor.

She is happily married and the proud mother of two boys. Kandy can be reached at
 kandywooten.com.




(Used by permission http://www.christiandevotions.us/
and Kandy Wooten)



(Be sure to read my post on the evening of 15th of June, How CAN We Hear from God?  So far, I have 21 ways!)

Let’s pray:

   Father, help me believe in the truth of Your presence. You've told us You are with us, and I know You are.

    May I keep in mind that Satan's tactics are to deceive me, and his desire is to effect my thinking and faith through my feelings.

   I realize that to react in the way I'm feeling at the moment, is not wise. You have a better plan, so help me ask for Your help. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

   
Today’s Bible verse:  (2 Chron. 16:9) "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him."

Today’s quote: Randy Kilgore  “Some think of the Lord as unloving and waiting for us to slip up so He can punish us. So we have the privilege of telling them of His deep love for them. Imagine their joy when they hear about the God who loves them so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for their sin and who wants to cheer them on!”

Some thoughts today: Count it a privilege to be a part of what God's doing today. Be in church! Find a way to serve!

- When you see a need, step out in faith that God will meet the need. Are you looking for them? They're all around you.

- Allow the Holy Spirit to direct what you do. Ask for His help. Ask someone to go with you, if need be. You have the right to pray for them, so do it!

June 1st- Sunday’s post:  How Long?  James Cagle

1st- evening's post:  Keeping the Family Ritual  Sirmal Marthenis


3rd- Tuesday's post:  #89  The Miracle for Pastor Everett  C. Peter Wagner


5th- Thursday's post:  #90  Prophetic Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post: How to Surrender Your Fear  Dr. Charles Stanley answers this question:

 Q. "I trust God with all my heart, 
    so I don't understand why I'm finding it nearly impossible to
     surrender one particular fear..."





No comments:

Post a Comment