Thursday, June 26, 2014

#96 Need Help from Others

C. Peter Wagner continues 
with telling us: "From time to 
time I have mentioned' the 
Aarons and Hurs (Aarons 
and Hurs), whom God sends 
to  support the intercessors 
in times of need.

Sometimes they receive spontaneous, one-time assignments. But some intercessors themselves have recruited ongoing teams of prayer partners.

Alice Smith, for example, has a very active prayer partners team, many of whom also have a gift of intercession. Thirteen of them have become I-3 intercessors for Doris and me. 

Then Alice went to Israel and subsequently through the 'dry time' described above, (previous post:  #95  Seasons of Dryness, she assigned her prayer partners to stand in the gap for me, which they did.

Since then, Alice has forwarded several notes they wrote to her expressing what they thought they were hearing about us.

A typical note reads, 

   'The Lord has continued this past week to speak to me 
    about Mr. Wagner. The following four words have come 
    to me for whatever confirmation or invitation they may 
    contain...'

Many intercessors do not intuitively realize they need permanent prayer partners just as much as other leaders do. 

Years ago when we were just beginning to learn about personal intercession and all that was involved in it, Christy Graham, who is normally a crisis intercessor, received a longer term assignment to be a personal intercessor for Cathy Schaller.

God told her that Cathy absorbs many of the attacks of the enemy that would otherwise get through to me and that she herself needed more protection.

When Christy told Cathy that she was to pray for her, Cathy's initial reaction was, 

   "Pray for me? Why do I need prayer? Is there something 
    wrong with me?'

So Christy responded, 'Well, what's wrong with Peter? Why does he need prayer?'

Cathy immediately saw the point and welcomed Christy as a prayer partner.

I was interested that God never did assign Christy as a prayer partner for me, but only for Cathy.

Evelyn Christenson, a premier intercessor, suggests that intercessors pair off for mutual prayer support. She says, 

   'Do you have someone who will pray for you and for whom 
    you will pray?...Find one person with whom you can share
    the secret problems and needs of your life. Someone who 
    cares and who will never, never divulge your secrets. Then
    fulfill the law of Christ by "bearing one another's burdens." 
    (see Gal. 6:2)

(Google image used, and emphasis added)

Le
t’s pray:


   Father, as I pray for my 
pastor and leaders, may I 
find a friend who will pray 
for me.

   As I want to be in the 
center of Your will for me, 
there may be times I'll 
need to have someone to cover me in prayer, too.

   I ask for Your help and guidance, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Let’s pray for our pastors:  “Father, keep my pastor from pride and self-pity. Allow _______ to glory only in the cross, and let it be his/her reason for ministry.” www.praymag.com

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 73:24 "Thou shalt guide me with they counsel, and afterward receive me to glory."

Today’s quotes: David McCasland - "The canvas of our lives is in the skilled hands of our Lord who knows who and what He designed us to be. No matter how sin-damaged and dirty we may be, there is hope for renewal and restoration. The Master Artist is alive and at work within us."

Our Daily Bread: Jesus specializes in restoration.

Some thoughts today: Our frame of thinking is important. 
We need to have a clear purpose for our living, and the 
understanding of the authority we have, as well as others 
who are over us in some way. Our thoughts and actions are 
to be pure, and we're to have some accountability to trusted, 
godly friends. It would be best to give serious consideration 
to each of these in prayer.

28th- Saturday’s post:  Smile  Joe Stowell

29th- Sunday's post:  Pride (how to deal with it)  James Cagle

29th evening's post:  God's Under the Bed  GodVine

July 1st- Tuesday's post:  #97  The Rewards  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:  Hang On!  Sharon Jaynes shares with us, "Have you ever felt that this thing called life is just too hard? I know I have. Sometimes life just does not turn out like I thought it would. That’s when I have to hang onto God and simply trust Him."



jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

http://christianpoetsandwriters.blogspot.com/

I invite you to check out the above link, to see the many interesting topics of Christian Poets and Writers. The links to my posts on How CAN we hear from God? are there, too.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  

Kindle $2.99  Bridal Shower Devotional 
(Wisdom for Women planning to get married)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95
Wisdom for brides (Christian Marriage,
Co
unseling, & Help) (Volume 1)

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)
Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout



AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment