Tuesday, July 1, 2014

#97 The Rewards

C. Peter Wagner tells us, "If
I did not know better, I would
be embarrassed at seeing the
power of God flow through my
ministry, knowing full well that
a major reason for this is the
faithful intercession of my 
precious and faithful prayer 
partners.

I am the one who gets praised; 
I am the one who gets the honors; I am the one who gets paid for it.

But none of the above ordinarily comes to the prayer partners. Nor do the intercessors desire any of those rewards.

One of the things my prayer partners are constantly praying for is that my ministry will bear great fruit primarily in the lives of others, but as that happens I get the credit. And they are delighted.

Joshua get the credit for being the general who defeated 
Amalek and won the battle of Rephidim. But divine power 
to do it came through Moses' intercession. 

Joshua won and Moses was also delighted.

We need to understand, however, that intercessors do feel they are amply rewarded for their ministry. I believe their greatest reward awaits them in heaven.

If believers in heaven are in concentric circles around God's throne, the intercessors will be in the middle, right behind the 24 elders and the 4 living creatures.

In the here and now, a substantial reward for intercessors is to watch their prayers birth the purposes of God in the lives and ministries of the pastors for whom they are praying.

Experienced intercessors see many things happening in their churches that even the pastors have no idea they are praying through. 

It is a true thrill for the intercessors.

But the consistent testimony I get from intercessors is that by far their greatest reward is their close relationship with the Father.

More than most Christians ever do, they experience the fullness of the love of God day in and day out."


#97 The Rewards, in the 
series  taken from C. Peter 
Wagner’s book, PRAYER SHIELD
How to intercede for pastors,
Christian leaders and others on the
Spiritual frontlines. (pgs. 175-176)
By
 Regal Books

PRAYER SHIELD by ChristianBooks - offered for $9.69 There are many of Wagner's books offered. Type in the title of this book at the top of page. It's the fourth book down...

Let’s pray:

   Father, when we pray for 
our pastor and leaders, May 
we be careful to give You
all the credit for every move
of Your Spirit among us.

   I know that my prayers are
effective and needed, and I understand that my praying 
is what unleashes Your ability to bring about Your will.

   I ask that Your Spirit enables me to pray faithfully for 
the leaders in my church, and to become more effective 
in praying for Your will to be done.

   I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen


Today’s Bible verse: Luke 1:37a "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Today’s quote: David McCasland – “Getting only what we want is succeeding miserably. True success is found in ‘losing’ our lives for Jesus’ sake and finding them again full and free in His will.”

Some thoughts today: The baptism of the Holy Spirit brings power into our lives. He then gives 9 gifts, some of which He'll choose to give you, my friend, for ministering to others. (see 1 Cor. 12:7)

- How will you know you have a spiritual gift? If you've had a prophetic word given you, you'll hear God's directive, as to how He wants you to minister. 

- Another way is He'll use your natural tendencies, (which God has planted within you from birth, like a compassionate heart for children), and another way is to simply try to do what you believe may be your gift. (see 1 Cor. 2:12)


3rd- Thursday’s post:  #98  How to Pray for Pastors  C. Peter Wagner

5th- Saturday's post:  Regaining the Right Perspective  Penny Hunt

6th- Sunday's post:  Re-Framing the Picture  Julie Ackerman Link

6th- Sunday evening's post:  Words Have Power  GodVine


A popular post: God Works Through the Prayers of His People  Prayer Note #7  Dutch Sheets -  “So complete and final was Adam’s authority over the earth that he, not just God, had the ability to give it away to another! ...humans were forever to be God’s link to authority and activity on the earth."


   
jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

http://christianpoetsandwriters.blogspot.com/

I invite you to check out the above link, to see the many interesting topics of Christian Poets and Writers. The links to my posts on How CAN we hear from God? are there, too.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 a review would be
appreciated. Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women


Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95
(Check out the Reviews on the
Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) (Volume 1)

(I give my personal testimony in the end
Chapter)

Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment