Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Longing For Thee



      Longing For Thee
          By James Cagle

Thou camest through the wilderness,
Thy raven-black hair wet with dew;
My near kinsman, my Redeemer,
Thy Father’s only Son; with heart so true.

With just one word of Thy pure intent
My willful heart was won to Thee.
For Thou didst leave Thy Heavenly throne,
To lavish Thy love on one as me.

Make pure my heart, my dear Beloved,
And tell me of Thy home, my Dove.
I kiss the nail-prints in Thy hands
And contemplate Thy wondrous love.

For Thou didst love me in my coarseness
As a diamond in the rough,
And hast given me beauty for ashes;
More than I drempt, more than enough.

My heart desires no love but Thine,
For all my longings are met in Thee.
Content at last with Love Divine;
Thy love that thrills eternally.








The veil of darkness deepens my Love.
I would repose upon Thy breast.
Through the dark and perilous night
I would know peace in Thy perfect rest.

I have held Thee my dear Beloved,
My heart would fail to let Thee go-
Though from night’s womb the light springs forth,-
But for love’s promise, Thou dost bestow.

Thou art mine, O my Beloved,
Thy love has sealed my heart to Thee.
Thou hast left, but vowed to return,
For me, Thy Bride, who’s longing for Thee.

Longing For Thee  by James H. Cagle
(We love him, because he first loved us. (1 John. 4: 19, Phil. 3:20, Heb.9:28 and Song of Solomon) 


Let’s pray:

   Father, You truly have
loved even me!

   My heart goes out to
You, to receive all that
You plan for me.


   Help me to be aware of Your love surrounding me each day.

   Thank You, that You've vowed to return someday. 
I believe it will be soon! Help me be faithful to Your call on my life.

   I want to know perfect rest in You, and will aim to walk in obedience to Your Word.


   I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: Rev. 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen."

Today’s quote: Beth Bingaman – “The victor will take on the problem with faith that Christ, in all his wisdom, power, and glory, can handle anything the world throws at us – He is already the Victor! The victor does not need to blame anyone, but will look to the Lord knowing that all He does is for our good and His glory. I guess in that respect, victims blame God for their troubles. The difference in the outlook is that the victor knows God uses those troubles to work out His purposes in our lives. It is all good for the victor. Maybe it doesn’t feel like it at the time, but a victor trusts God with the outcome of every situation.

Some thoughts today: What is the Church of God? It is a Living organism, made up of born-again believers in His son, Jesus.

- We are temples of God. He will dwell in us, and walk with 
us, and be our God, and we'll be His people. (see 2 Cor. 6:16)

- Our lives should be marked by pureness and obedience to God's Word.

4th- Thursday’s post:  The Wedges of Sin
Michael Brooks

6th- Saturday's post:  Behind the Song: O How I Love 
Jesus Diana Leagh Matthews

7th- Sunday's post:  How to Glorify God at School
Raquel Wroten 

9th- Tuesday's post:  Comparison for Wedges of Sin
James Cagle

says, 

Let’s just close the door and have a girls’-only 
conversation about men, okay? Girls, I have realized 
over the years that...


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!


Granny's Guide to Marriage
 in Verse  Kindle $1.99


Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal
Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in 
Verse My book in paperback $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment