Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Wedges of Sin

Michael Brooks tells us: 
Satan screams, 

    "Look at Mike's sin!" 

But God says, 

    "What sin? All I see is My Son." 

I sometimes have to remind myself: There is no 
condemnation for those of us who are in Christ Jesus --
even me. 

Let me repeat that one more time because it is such 
great news: There is no condemnation for those of us 
who are in Christ Jesus. Period. End of discussion. 
(see Rom. 8:1) 

You might say, 

   "If you believe that to be true, then why did I see 
    you on your knees this morning confessing sin?"

Now that's a really good question. There is a subtle, 
yet gigantic difference between conviction and 
condemnation. Conviction is a work of the Holy Spirit 
and leads to confession. 

It's demonstrated when I pray, 

   "Lord, thank you for revealing this sin to me. I now 
    realize I was wrong. I agree with You. I thank you
    for your forgiveness in Christ Jesus."

Conviction accompanied by confession leads us back and into relationship with the Lord.

Conversely, condemnation drives us farther away. It's 

when we say, 

    "I'm worthless. I'll never get anything right. I always 
    choose the wrong path. What's wrong with me? I 
    can't pray and there's certainly no reason to go to
    church."

The one who does bring charges (condemnation) 
against God's chosen is Satan. He is our accuser, and if 
we listen to him, we drift farther away from God. Un-
confessed sin thus becomes a wedge between us and God.

So let me ask this question: To whom will you listen? 

The Holy Spirit's conviction or Satan's condemnation? 
And a better question: How will you respond?

Romans 8:33a "Who will bring any charge against those 
whom God has chosen?"

Questions to Ponder:


We know who brings charges against God's chosen. It is Satan. Even though we know better, sometimes his lies take us off course. 

Are you off course right now? Are you enjoying the benefits of your salvation or have Satan's accusations gained the best of you? 

It's not too late. Prayerfully allow the Holy Spirit to convict and define the nature of your sin; in humility confess, repent, and lay your sin at the foot of the Cross; then joyfully accept God's grace, mercy, and forgiveness. Michael Brooks

Be sure to check James Cagle's up-coming message, Comparison for Wedges of Sin, to be posted 9/9.

Let’s pray:


Father, help me see there 
is no condemnation for 
those of us who are in
Christ Jesus.

May I remember that conviction accompanied by confession leads me back and into relationship
with You.

   Help me enjoy the benefits of my salvation and not allow Satan to interfere with his accusations.

I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen!

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 37:24 "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand."

Today’s quote: William Cowper – “Satan trembles when he sees the weakest Christian on his knees.”

Some thoughts today: As we're godly thermostats, we change the atmosphere when we enter the room. There's an enlargement of spirit in giving to others what God's given to us.

- There's always another mountain to take! God's Kingdom is expanding. (see Matt. 16:18)

- We're to take the salvation message to the very gates 
of hell. We're not to stop at any boundaries along the 
way. Remember, it's against spiritual principalities and 
powers that we are fighting.

6th- Saturday’s post:  Behind the Song; O How 
Love Jesus  Diana Leagh Matthews

7th- Sunday's post:  How to Glorify God at School
Raquel Worten

9th- Tuesday's post:  Comparison for Wedges of 
Sin James Cagle

11th- Thursday's post:  God is Slow to Anger and 
Abounding in Love  Kim Damon


Popular post: What Needs Restoration? 
Jean Oathout shares a quote about restoration: 
"To restore means to put something back into 
its original condition. Many people restore 
antique cars and furniture." 




AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Kindle $1.99

Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal
Wisdom for Women

in Verse My book in paperback
$7.95

Wisdom for Brides (Christian 
Marriage, Counseling, & Help)

No comments:

Post a Comment