Saturday, January 24, 2015

I Am Resolved


                             
    
I Am Resolved 
by James H. Cagle

I greet in a moment an open threshold,
The very birthing of an unblemished year;
Unfurrowed by any heartache and sorrow,
Undiminished by any wrong or a single bitter tear.

It’s a golden span of time I’m allotted
A priceless gift I’ll use a little of each day;
Through which I will sow the seeds that I choose,
In my words and actions along my way.

But e’er I pass through this open threshold
And a nonreturnable moment has ebbed away,
I firmly close and latch the door to my past,
And bathe in the hope of a brand new day.

I’ve closed the year from which I’ve emerged;
For its record is sealed and cannot be changed.
So my past won’t keep me from looking ahead;
As I make a difference and work for change.

I am therefore resolved henceforth to sow
The much needed seeds of hope, faith and cheer
And should some shadow fall ‘cross my path,
I will continue on through pain or tears.

For I am resolved, that beginning today
That, regardless of what each day may send,
I will seek after knowledge and wisdom and grace
And strew them by faith against prevailing winds.

And when this year too has slipped into my past
And every opportunity it gave me is gone,
Will my words and deeds that are forever recorded
Make me rejoice when this account I must own?

The year has begun and speeds hastily to its end,
And so very soon I will see it spent and gone,
So I too must be up and busy about my task,
Amidst so many others on a path that I walk alone.

This new year is untouched by mistakes or regret,
It’s fresh and unblemished by rebellion and sin.
God’s hand is outstretched to faithfully guide me through,
On this new journey that, today, I begin.





The Handwriting on the Wall

A weary mother returned from the store,
Lugging groceries through the kitchen door.
Awaiting her arrival was her 8 year old son,
Anxious to relate what his younger brother had 
done.

"While
 I was out playing and Dad was on a call,
T.J. took his crayons and wrote on the wall!
It's on the new paper you just hung in the den.
I told him you'd be mad at having to do it again."

She let out a moan and furrowed her brow,
"Where is your little brother right now?"
She emptied her arms and with a purposeful stride,
She marched to his closet where he had gone to hide.

She called his full name as she entered his room.
He trembled with fear – he knew that meant doom!
For the next ten minutes, she ranted and raved
About the expensive wallpaper, and how she had saved.

Lamenting all the work it would take to repair,
She condemned his actions and total lack of care.
The more she scolded, the madder she got,
Then stomped from his room, totally distraught!

She headed for the den to confirm her fears.
When she saw the wall, her eyes flooded with tears.
The message she read pierced her soul with a dart.
It said, "I love Mommy," surrounded by a heart.

Well, the wallpaper remained, just as she found it,
With an empty picture frame hung to surround it.
A reminder to her, and indeed to all,
Take time to read the handwriting on the wall.

As seen on GodVine 8/16/13


The following link is very important for all marriages. I do hope you'll take the time to check out Jill's first post, and sign up to get the others.

No More Perfect Marriages–A 10 Day Blog Series

By JillSavage on Jan 19, 2015 05:25 am


Pray with me:

   Father,  I am resolved beginning today, regardless of what each day may send, I will seek after knowledge and wisdom and grace.

   Thank You that Your Hand is stretched out 
to faithfully guide me through whatever this new year may bring into my life.

   Help me too, to read "hand writings" on the wall as I proceed through each day, where others have made comments or 
gestures to bless me unawares.

   I ask for Your help in Jesus' name. Amen.
   
Today’s Bible verse: Is. 62:3 "Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God."

Today’s quote: 
Les and Leslie Parrott - "If you are looking for fairness, don’t look for it in marriage. Soul mates survive on forgiveness, not fairness.” 

25th- Sunday evening’s post:  We All Have a Part

Jean Oathout

27th- Tuesday's post:  #35 Blinding Three Billion Minds
C. Peter Wagner

22nd- Thursday's post:  #36 Seeing Our Cities as they Really Are
C. Peter Wagner

31st- Saturday's post:  Age-Appropriate Chores for Children
Maria Montessori

A popular post:  Judgmental Opinions Jean Oathout shares with us an important lesson she is learning. 

"I found out that my personal opinion isn't worth much to others, when it is given in a judgmental attitude.

What I've accepted over the years to be my own "standard" isn't necessarily what God expects others to have. He doesn't expect me to try to "fix" others..." 



Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Kindle $2.99



  A great gift for someone, especially 

if they need help!

Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

                                                                     ~

No comments:

Post a Comment