Sunday, February 15, 2015

When Others Won't Forgive

Randy Kilgore has good advice about 
someone's forgiving us: "I was having lunch 
with two men who had opened their lives to 
Christ while they were in prison.

The younger man had been discouraged by the fact that the family from whom he had stolen would not forgive him.

    'My crime was violent,  the older man said. 'It continues 
    to haunt and affect the family to this day. They have not 
    forgiven me...the pain is just too great.

    At first, I found myself paralyzed by this longing for 
    their forgiveness.' 

He continued his story: 

    'Then one day I realized I was adding selfishness to 
    my brokenness. It's a lot to expect that the family 
   forgive me.

    I was focused on what I felt I needed to heal from my past. 
    It took some time to realize that their forgiveness of me 
    was a matter between them and God.'

    'How can you stand it?' the younger man asked.

The older man explained that God did for him what he didn't deserve and what others simply can't do: He died for our sins, and He keeps His promise to move our sins... 

    'as far as the east is from the west' (Ps. 103:12) and 'will 
    not remember [our] sins' (Isa. 43:25)

In the face of such great love, we honor Him by accepting His forgiveness as sufficient. We must forget what lies behind and keep pressing forward" (Phil.3:13-14). —Randy Kilgore

Our prayer today:


"Thank You, Father, for the work of Christ on the
cross. Help me to understand and accept what 
it means for me, and to be a messenger of that 
forgiveness to those I meet along the way.

The work of Christ is sufficient for every sin."
Our Daily Bread 1/23/15


Today’s Bible verse: Matt. 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

Today’s quote: Max Lucado "You don’t pray just to let God know what’s going on. He’s way ahead of you on that one. You pray to transfer “my will be done” to “God’s will be done.”  And, since he’s in charge, he knows the best solution. Prayer transfers the burden to God and He lightens your load. Prayer pushes us through life’s slumps, propels us over the humps, and pulls us out of the dumps. Prayer is the oomph we need to get the answers we seek. So, pray…today!"


From Max on Life

Max_on_Life_sm










Some thoughts today: When we have a relationship with Christ through His sacrifice, we are transformed over time into the Father's image.

- The first Adam (Gen. 3) brought sin, death, sickness, and suffering through his disobedience to God, the Creator.

- Jesus, the second "Adam", the man of righteousness, brought life, health, wholeness (see 1 Corinthians 15:45-50).

17th- Tuesday’s post:  #41 The Underlying Issue
C. Peter Wagner

19th- thursday's post:  #42 Demons and Idols
C. Peter Wagner

21st- Saturday's post:  Habits of a Healthy Mind
David McCasland

22nd- Sunday's post:  When I go to Heaven
Debbie McEwen

A popular post:   Be Still Gwen Smith tells us, “There was a crisp chill slipping through the window as I headed to the couch to get with God before rushing into my day.  I filled up my coffee mug, lit a cinnamon bun scented jar candle and nestled into my corner spot."

Jean's blog (save to check in at another time)

Kindle $2.99

A great gift for someone who needs
help in their marriage


Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95

 AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!






No comments:

Post a Comment