Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Hand of God


Dennis Fisher shares with us: "When NASA began using a new kind of space telescope to capture different spectrums of light, researchers were surprised at one of the photos.

It looks like fingers, a thumb, and an open palm showered with spectacular colors of blue, purple, green, and gold.

Some have called it 'The Hand of God.'

The idea of God reaching out his hand to help us in our time of need is a central theme of Scripture. In Psalm 63 we read:

    'Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow
    of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind 
    You; Your right hand upholds me' (vv. 7-8).

The psalmist felt God's divine help like a hand of support. Some Bible teachers believe that King David wrote this psalm in the wilderness of Judah during the terrible time of his on Absalom's rebellion.

Absalom had conspired to dethrone his father, and David fled to the wilderness (2 Sam. 15-16). 

Even during this difficult time, God was present and David trusted in Him He said,

    'Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips 
    shall praise You' (Ps. 63:3).

Life can be painful at times, yet God offers His comforting hand in the midst of it. We are not beyond his reach." Dennis Fisher

(Google image and emphasis added)


Beneath His watchful eye
His saints securely dwell;
That hand which bears all nature up
Shall guard His children well.  Doddridge

God bears the world's weight on His shoulder,
yet holds His children in the palm of His hand.'

Our Daily Bread 1/27/15

Pray with me: 

     "Dear Lord, sometimes it's easy to get discouraged when faced with criticism or challenges. Help me to persevere and grant me the strength to be faithful to what You have called me to do.



Life's challenges are designed not to break us
but to bend us toward God."

Our Daily Bread 1/26/15

Today’s Bible verses: Nehemiah 6:9 "Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands." Ps. 63:8 "My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me."

Today's praise verse:  Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."


True Confession by Max Lucado


In Psalm 32:5, David says, "I confessed my rebellion to the Lord. 
And you forgave me. All my guilt is gone."

"Confession is not complaining. If I merely recite my problems 
and tell you how tough my life is, I'm not confessing. Confession 
is not blaming.

Pointing fingers at others may feel good for a while, but it does
nothing to remove the conflict within me. Confession is coming
clean with God. David discovered this.

As if his affair with Bathsheba wasn't enough. As if the murder
of her husband wasn't enough. David danced around the truth.

It
 took a prophet to bring the truth to the surface, but when he 
did, David did not like what he saw. He confessed. He came clean
with God. 

And the result? He proclaimed, “And you forgave me! All my 
guilt is gone!” (Ps. 32:5).

Want to get rid of your guilt? Come clean with God!
From Max on Life

Max_on_Life_sm

Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado 
at OnePlace.com

(Emphasis added)


A Prayer For The Brokenhearted

Father, it is under Your wings that we find You to be a refuge in sorrow! How our heart yearningly turns to Your rest! Often when earth has no balm for our healing, there we find comfort and there we are blest. Under Your wings, there is precious enjoyment! There we will hide till life’s trials are o’er; sheltered, protected, no evil can harm us, resting in Jesus we are safe evermore. Under Your wings our souls shall abide, safely abide forever. Amen.


© BibleDeck.com | E: prayer@bibledeck.com



3rd- Tuesday's post:  #45 Wagner's Green-Eyed Monster
C. Peter Wagner
5th- Thursday's post:  # 46 Second Opinions
C. Peter Wagner
7th- Saturday's post:  Because It's True
Kim Damon
8th- Sunday evening's post:  The Old Rugged Cross
Diana Leagh Matthews


jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in another time)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Kindle $2.99

 A Devotional, with wisdom for women 
contemplating marriage, and a great gift 
for someone who needs help in their
marriage.

My book in paperback $7.96
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

 AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!





No comments:

Post a Comment