Tuesday, March 3, 2015

#45 Wagner's Green-Eyed Monster


C. Peter Wagner continues: Our spirit incident, (#44 Spirits in 
the Wagner House), was such an important learning experience 
for me that I wrote it up in a column in Christian Life magazine.

When I did, I had no idea some students would post it on the fuller Seminary "Board of Declaration" and make it the centerpiece for a vigorous campus debate, which lasted for about two weeks.

Wagner's "green-eyed monster" became a laughing matter and a source of ridicule for many, while others defended it mainly by recounting similar experiences.

One of the upshots was that I was called into the seminary president's office to give an account of my rather controversial behavior.

Although this experience was painful, much of the pain was relieved a few weeks later when I received a letter from Irene Warkentin of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

She introduced herself as a teacher and sociologist with good academic credentials.

And she told me how much my Christian Life column had meant to her when she read it.

She said her five -year-old son, Kevin, had been experiencing severe leg cramps that had no medical explanation. She identified his cramps with Doris's cramps described in my article.

So she went into Kevin's bedroom with a prayer that God would show her what was wrong. She says, 

    "There it wasa dog statue brought from a foreign country."

She sensed a clear word from the Holy Spirit that she was to destroy the statue.

After praying what I am calling a warfare prayer, Irene took the dog statue to the garage and smashed it with a hammer. She says,

    "I had done most everything in awe, but when I smashed
    that dog, the emotion I experienced was anger. I was so
    angry that I hit the dog with vehemence!"


This, I might say, had special significance since Irene Warkentin is a Mennonite and by nature a very peaceful woman.

Then, she says, the anger totally left. And, of course, the cramps in Kevin's legs ended once for all.

(Google image and emphasis added)




#45 Wagner's Green-Eyed Monster
By C. Peter Wagner
(pgs. 82, 83) Regal Books



Mark I. Bubeck shares with us from his book  The Satanic Revival  (p 222) [Let's pray with Mark:] "I pray that the Holy Spirit will, by Your Word, reveal to human hearts the certainty of an approaching accountability to God. May that sobering fact settle upon people until they can find no rest apart from coming to our Lord Jesus Christ."

Prayer for your pastor: "Pray that your pastor will counsel and teach with discernment through the wise use of Scripture and faith in God's power to work. Pray that he will be protected from the effects of sinful or negative attitudes that he encounters as he counsels. (Mal. 2:7; James 1:5-6; John 17:15)

Today’s Bible verse: Ez. 22:30 "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it."

Today's praise verse:  Deuteronomy 32:3 "I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"

Some thoughts today: God, as our Father, came to us in Christ with love, compassion and provision. John the Baptist understood Christ's ministry.

- Mary's husband raised Jesus. He showed faith in God's plan for Him. He was a kind man who acted immediately to what God showed him in his dreams. 

- Joseph shows us that we need to take risks to obey what God leads us to do.

Today’s special link:  http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word/2791 (Great information about 
travailing intercession)

5th-Thursday’s post:  #46 Second Opinion
C. Peter Wagner

7th- Saturday's post:  Because It's True
Kim Damon

8th- Sunday evening's post:  The Old Rugged Cross
Diane Leagh Matthews

10th- Tuesday's post:  #47 Territoriality Then and Now
C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:  Fearing Fear Cindy Hval had a baby boy who was born with “congenital diaphragmatic hernia, a life-threatening birth defect with a 50-80 percent mortality rate..."

















jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in sometime)

Kindle $1.99




A great gift for someone who
needs help in their marriage


Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

 AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!





No comments:

Post a Comment