Sunday, July 12, 2015

In God's Hand


Jean Oathout asks the question that if the Hand of the Lord is with us, why do we walk in doubt and fear at times?

Is there a reason why people say that His Hand is with us and on us? What  does that really  mean?

What does the Bible tell us about God the Father's Hand being with His people from time to time? Is that supposed to mean a literal hand, or is it figurative?

Let's examine some Old Testament Scriptures, to see how that worked for His people back then, and see if it can apply to us today.

Do you think that God's Hand is too short, that He cannot save?



Ex. 3:20 "I will stretch out my hand, and smite..."

Ex.13:3 b "for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out 
   from this place:"

Ex. 15:6 "Thy right hand O LORD, is become glorious in power: 
    thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy."

1 Sam. 7:3 "If ye do return unto the LORD with all your hearts . . .
   and prepare your hearts unto the LORD, and serve him only: 
   and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines."

Is. 45:11 "Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and 
   his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, 
   and concerning the work of my hands command ye me."

Acts 4:30 "By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that 
   signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy 
   child Jesus."

Acts 11:21 "And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a 
   great number believed, and turned unto the Lord."

Acts 13:3 "And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid 
   their hands on them, they sent them away." {Foundation 
   of laying on of hands}
   
1 Peter 5:6, 7 "Humble yourselves therefore under the 
   might hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 
   Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Talk to the Hand of the Lord, Satan!


Today's quote and prayer:  Mary Southerland-

"I want to live my life with open hands, dusty 
feet, calloused knees, and rolled-up sleeves. 
I want to be a generous giver. I may not have 
much money, but I can give what I have. I can 
give my time and energy . . .  my love and concern . . .
 a listening ear and a caring heart. I can give my life. 

Father, Giver of every good and perfect gift, teach 
me how to give. Help me see those in need and 
be quick to meet their needs. I choose to crucify 
myself in order to give in such a way that pleases and
 honors You. Thank You for the privilege of giving.
In Jesus’ name, Amen." 


Today’s Bible verse: 2 Chron. 15:7 "Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded."

Today’s quote: Jill Savage: "The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”                                                  ~Author unknown

Some thoughts today: God will break away what's not of Him in the process of changing us into His likeness. He wants us to be ready for the snatching away of Christ's Bride. She is to be spotless and without blemish; He has work to do in all of us! 

~ Allow God's Hands to shape and form you, so you'll be ready 
to meet Jesus in the air, either in death or when the Church is taken away. Receive Him into your heart today, and learn His ways.

~ We wouldn't be at all happy in heaven if God doesn't make us ready to live there! Because Hell is a place of torment, hate, and darkness, I trust you'll not choose to go there! God's love, mercy and Light will not be there, for sure, as God created it for Satan and his angels. Choose Jesus!


28th- Tuesday’s post:  #81  "I Have Sinned"
C. Peter Wagner 
30th- Thursday's post:  #82  Victims of the Atomic Bomb
C. Peter Wagner
8/1st- Saturday's post:  Put Feet to Our Prayers
Diana Derringer
19th- Sunday morning's post:   Come Away, My Beloved
Lisa Buffaloe

A popular post:   


Rooted in Love Joe Stowell shares with us: "When I think of  all the wonders of God's magnificent creation, I am especially awed by the giant sequoia tree.

These amazing behemoths of the forest can grow to 

around 300 . . . " 

jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in again sometime)

No comments:

Post a Comment