Thursday, July 16, 2015

#80 A Prophetic Prayer


C. Peter Wagner: Cindy (Jacobs) prayed a prophetic prayer, which I am going to record in its entirety:

    Lord, I thank you that you are sending Peter Wagner to Japan. 
Father, it was the American people who caused great devastation when they dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Lord, I thank you that you are sending back an American to undo the atrocity of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Father, Peter will be used like a nuclear bomb in the Spirit to break apart the darkness that Satan has worked against the nation of Japan and the Japanese people.
    Lord, I am asking that you heal the Japanese people of the trauma done during the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Father, you want to use the Japanese people mightily to send missionaries all over the world in this end-time move of your Spirit. Lord, you restore the years the cankerworm and locust have eaten up in the land of the rising sun and "I the Sun of Righteousness will arise with healing in my wings for the land that I love."
    Now, Lord, let your anointing be mighty upon Peter as he brings forth your word to unify and bring restoration to your body, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

At the moment I did not regard the prayer as anything out of the ordinary. I left my wife, Doris, who was a member of the 24-hour intercession team for the congress, in Indianapolis and came home to teach my Sunday School class and leave Sunday afternoon for Japan.

While preparing for my class early Sunday morning a strange thing happened. As I was praying about my forthcoming trip to Japan, for the first time I can ever remember doing so, I began to weep openly for a nation.

First I got one Kleenex, then I had to get the whole box and put it on my desk. When I calmed down, the telephone rang. It was Doris calling from Indianapolis saying she and others had been praying for Japan.

They sensed that the Lord wanted me to repent of the sin of dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Such a thought had never before entered my mind.

I was willing to obey God if that was what He wished, so I began reading Nehemiah, sensing that I should share this with the Japanese people. I clearly saw how my father's house had sinned by dropping the atomic bombs.


Even admitting that Truman's decision 
was wise military strategy, Americans 
still carried the responsibility of shedding 
the blood of thousands of innocent Japanese
 civilians. I felt that I could honestly confess this.  (Google Images added)


#79  A Prophetic Prayer
By C. Peter Wagner
(pg. 134 - 136) Regal Books


   
   Father, when we think of the disobedience of our forefathers, may we understand that they sinned against You. We now need to repent for their sins and begin to realize that our sins are just as grievous to You, a holy God.
   May we understand that our prayer needs to be the confession of sins, and petitioning You to forgive us our sins. We understand that You're merciful and gracious, and You want to forgive us, and to restore us to fellowship with You as a nation and people.
    Stir up Your people, Father. Bring Life into the churches, and make us the witness to the world You mean for us to be. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 123:1 "Unto thee lift I up mine eyes,  
O thou that dwellest in the heavens."


Max Lucado Explains How to Pray for Healing
by Max Lucado
"Wherever there is sickness there is an opportunity for God to display his glory," says Max Lucado, author of Before Amen: The Power of a Simple Prayer. Max outlines what happens with physical healing, whether it is immediate, gradual, or ultimate."
www.MaxLucado.com
www.Crosswalk.com


Today’s quote: S. D. Gordon - "It (the Bible) was inspired, and it is inspired. God Himself speaks in this Book. That puts it in a list by itself, quite apart from all others. Studying it keenly, intelligently, reverently will reveal God's great will. What He says will utterly change what you will say." (Taken from his book: Quiet Talks on Prayer [out of print], p 106).

Some thoughts today: Romans, in the Bible, is the Life-giving Gospel. Read it, and you'll see what I mean. Chapters 1-11 give the instructions for becoming God's children, and 12-16 explain how we can live out our time pleasing Him as His children.

- God wins. He will cause His people to win. His judgments are righteous when His wrath unfolds on people of disobedience. 

- Pray for our country and its leaders, as we are in danger of facing God's wrath, due to the wholesale disobedience of His laws, which are given in the Bible.


18th- Saturday’s post:  Feeling Insignificant?
David Branon
19th- Sunday morning's post:  With All the Heart
Lee Forbes

    ~Christian Writers Conference in Montrose, PA~

26th- Sunday evening's post:  Don't Forget You're Leaving
James Cagle
28th- Tuesday's post:  #81  "I Have Sinned"
C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:  Bear One Another's Burdens Author unknown

      "Take heart, my friend, we'll go together
This uncertain road that lies ahead
Our faithful God has always gone before us
And He will lead the Way once again..."


jean-oathout.blogspot.com   (save to check in sometime)


No comments:

Post a Comment