Sunday, September 13, 2015

Oh How I Need Your Wisdom, Lord

  





Oh how I need your wisdom Lord
To go where I must go
To walk the paths that I must trod
To show what I must show


Of how Your love does follow me
And leads me day by day
Preparing every turn I make
Along Your narrow way

And while I have the promise that
My feet You'll always guide
I also have assurance that
My sins You'll also hide

Beneath the blood You shed for me 
When once You paid the price 
The perfect loving Lamb of God 
Your firstborn sacrifice 

For how much more could You bestow 
Your love through Christ Your Son 
Than making Him our sacrifice 
Before You had begun 

To place the worlds throughout Your space 
As Your creation plan 
Expanded daily as You made 
All things to serve the man 

From light of day to light the way 
For making sky and sea 
To making land to plant the trees 
And flowers that we see 

And then the sun and moon and stars 
To mark the course of day 
A symbol of Your Son and those 
Who Mark the narrow way 

And then You made the fish 
And all the birds that fill the sky 
As life proceeded from Your hand 
As pleasure for the eye 

And then again before You formed 
The woman and the man 
You made the animals that live 
And walk upon the land 

And all of this you did that all 
The universe might see 
How much You longed to make the perfect 
Home for all like me 

So how could I begin to doubt 
Your purpose everyday 
In how You live and breath and move 
With me in every way 

You choose through love to make my path 
That will for me provide 
An ever present Comfort 
And a Rock that I might hide 

My confidence and hope of life 
For which my heart does plead 
The evidence of love bestowed 
To meet my every need 

And know with full assurance 
That Your promises are true 
To make in me at last the child 
Who looks the more like You 

Inspiration taken from James 1:1-7; Genesis 1

Lee Forbes
June 29/15





Anticipation

"I hold my breath as I start to drive across the wooden dry bridge
I honk the car horn
I don't know what's on the other side
I get to the crest and exhale
It's clear
Or sometimes there is another car and one of us backs up
Life is like that
We don't know what tomorrow will bring
We fuss and worry and hold our breath
Anticipating the worst, hoping for the best
God knows what tomorrow holds
If we just trust in Him, we can go on our way worry free
We can sleep peacefully
We can trust in tomorrow
We only have to put ourselves in His loving hands
And He will always take care of us."

By Debbie McEwen  tmcewen91@yahoo.com  
{This email link, if Googled, shows the various posts she is featured in my blog}

Some special words:  Elaine W. Miller: " What a difference time alone with God makes in our lives. Still your hearts and listen to His Voice. He truly is our strength and our song."

~ Lisa Buffaloe"Have you ever had a time where you really needed help from God but couldn’t think of a prayer? When your situation or mood or circumstance was so debilitating you couldn’t even find words to help you pray? 
Be encouraged, help is on the way. 
Pray, H.E.L.P.
Heavenly Father,
Everything is overwhelming me.
Let Your Holy Spirit please translate my needs.
P
lease.


Holy God,
Encourage me with Your love.
Lift me out of this pit.
Push away the sorrow with Your mighty hand.

Heavenly Father,
Examine my wounded heart.
Look on my soul with Your compassionate love.
Place me in the center of Your healing grace.

Hear me please, heavenly Father.
Examine my needs.
Lighten the darkness.
Put me in Your heavenly light where everything 
will become clear.

Remember when you need help, call out to God. Our prayers don’t have to be perfect or long. The Holy Spirit is there to help translate our every need.

My help comes from the Lord, photo by Lisa Buffaloe
Photo by Lisa Buffaloe


“Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.” ~ Psalm 33:20 (NKJV)

“In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” ~ Romans 8:26 (NASB)

My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.” ~ Psalm 121:2 (NKJV)

HELP  Posted: 24 Jul 2015 



15th- Tuesday’s post:  #95  Masonic Symbolism
C. Peter Wagner
17th- Thursday's post:  #96  The Rules for City Taking
C. Peter Wagner
19th- Saturday's post:  My Mother Always Said...
Hope Finchbaugh
20th- Sunday evening's post:  Martyrs
James H. Cagle

A popular post:   Mild or Solid Food  Michael Brooks in this Pocket Devotions, gives us these thoughts for today:  "How often have you gone to church and listened to your pastor preach, been inspired, then upon arriving home opened your Bible and 'examined' it to see if what you heard was true?.." 


No comments:

Post a Comment