Saturday, November 7, 2015

Behind the Hymn: Majesty...




Diana Leagh Matthews: "The inspiration for this song came from a 1977 vacation to Great Britain. Rev. Hayford and his wife were touched by the symbols of royalty while traveling through England, Scotland and Wales.

The song was written by Jack William Hayford, who is a pastor. Rev. Hayford is said to have composed over 400 songs, hymns and musical works.



This was the year of the 25th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II coronation. The enthusiasm of the English people was infectious. He began to realize that Christ wants His “church to have the same sense of loyalty and fellowship.”

The actions and symbols of the royal family made Rev. Hayford think about Christ and His kingdom. He began to consider the majestic presence of God and his “regal nature”.

After returning home to California, Rev. Hayford completed the song. Rev. Hayford recalls, 


    “One day, as Anna and I drove along together, the opening 

      lyrics and melody of “Majesty” simply came to my heart. 
      I continued driving, asking Anna to jot the words and melody 
      line in the notebook she had beside her.

(Because of this, she still laughingly insists that she “wrote” “Majesty”!)”

His song has been sung and enjoyed by many for over 30 years. Rev. Hayford reminds us that Majesty is a statement of worship that we can align ourselves with His Throne and His Kingdom. {Click here to read Rev. Hayford’s recollection of this hymn}.

How does Majesty remind you of how majestic is our Lord?
By Diana Leagh Matthews
Posted: 11 Oct 2015



Father,
I have a desire to worship You, too.
May my songs bless You, and may m
heart rejoice daily over Your goodness.
Increase my faith, to where I can
believe You in what seems some
impossible situations.
I love Your salvation in and through
Christ Jesus.
May my life be a reflection of You,
and may I worship with my spirit and 
in  the honesty of my heart.
I ask this in Jesus' Name.
Amen

Today’s Bible verses: Ps. 40:16 "Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee; let such as love thy salvation say continually, the LORD be magnified."

Heb. 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."


Some thoughts today: When you concentrate on what the Lord has promised you, you'll know the spirit of victory, even though what you see and hear do not reveal it yet. That's what the Bible refers to as faith: Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Don't be poisoned by what you see, but live by faith. For what God said in His Word, He will do. Even when everything is against what you believe, if you are in line with what God's Word says, keep believing. He looks for folks to believe the promises in it!

Today’s quote: Larry Crabb - "But the bigger battle involves my relationship with God. Do I trust him to continue working in my life even when I am plagued by crippling emotions? Do I know him well enough to turn to him for comfort rather than demand relief from my pain through whatever means are available? Do I love him so deeply that I welcome additional suffering that might draw my soul closer to him. Will I pay any price to know him well?" (Taken from p. 150 of CONNECTING, A Radical New Vision)
                               ~
Please check out Samples of Jean's Crafts to see the framed Real Flower arrangements at the The TAUNY Center in Canton. They are presently show-casing local artist's work. This is a special time of the year when artists are invited to bring their larger works in. I'm honored to have been judged and accepted! I was told they've sold two of mine already!              
                               ~

8th- Sunday evening’s post:  The Most Dangerous Game
James H. Cagle
10th- Tuesday's post:  #111 The Pitfall of Ignorance
C. Peter Wagner
12th- Thursday's post:  #112  The Pitfall of Fear
C. Peter Wagner
14th- Saturday's post:  Good Morning, Lord
Lisa Buffaloe


A popular post: That's Jesus! Dave Branon shares with us, "As a Jewish kid growing up in New York, Michael Brown had no interest in spiritual things. His life revolved around being a drummer for a band, and he got mixed up with drugs. But then some friends invited him to church..."





No comments:

Post a Comment