Tuesday, December 8, 2015

#119 The Pitfall of No Covering




C. Peter Wagner: "If reading a book like this excites you, and if you want to enlist in the army of God for strategic-level spiritual warfare, do not do it under any circumstances without the covering of your spiritual superiors.

Your pastor or the elders of your church are agents of God appointed to oversee your spiritual welfare. You leave yourself vulnerable and open to severe attack if you do not have this spiritual covering.

By this I do not mean your pastor will necessarily need to join you in the hands-on-warfare. But he or she needs to give you an explicit blessing in one form or another.

For most this is a simple principle to apply. However, for the top levels of Christian leadership it becomes more complex. Who pastors the pastor? 

This has been a personal problem for me over the years, because the church I belong to is so large that the one who holds the title of senior pastor is usually too busy to give me and my family individual pastoral care.

God brought this to my attention recently when I was reading what Johannes Facius said:

     'I believe that every one of us, including God's 
     servants, needs a pastor.'

Then he mentions the name of the person who functions as his pastor even though he lives in a different country Sven Nilsson of Sweden.

Doris and I prayed about it and agreed to approach John Maxwell and his wife, Margaret, to see if they would be willing to carry this burden. They readily agreed, and I believe this relationship will continue for a long time.

As my pastor, John now provides the covering and the spiritual authority I need for my ministry, even though his church, Skyline Wesleyan of San Diego, is more than 100 miles away."

(Google image and my emphasis added)


#119 The Pitfall of No Covering
By C. Peter Wagner
(pp. 193, 194)) Regal Books




    "Dear Lord, thank You for Your Word that teaches me how to love You and others. Thank You also for the people you place in my life to remind me of Your truth." (Kasper)


Today’s quote: Cindy Hess Kasper - "Wisdom reposes 
in the heart of the discerning,' declares the book of Proverbs
 (14:33). Part of recognizing the Spirit's wisdom is discovering how to listen and learn from each other." (ODB 11/2/15).

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 86:11-13 KJV "Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. 12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. 13 For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead."

Some thoughts today: Thanksgiving brings peace, and with it, new hope. Heartfelt worship is praise. If we think of the negatives, we can spiral downward. Repent and refuse to dwell there... Plead the Blood of Jesus, and get free from the bondage you find yourself in.

~ Declare God over the situation, and allow Him to take control. He will be able to do more than you could, for sure!

~ Don't allow difficult situations to become larger than Jesus. We've got the Holy Spirit to help us! (see 1 John) God can use difficult situations. (see Rom. 8:28)


Today's popular post: When We Cry Out to God Dr. Charles F. Stanley tells us that "Crying out to God is the spontaneous response to an urgent need. It differs from typical prayer, which involves periods of worship, petitioning, and intercession; this distraught call focuses entirely on one difficulty. The problem can be heartbreaking news..."

10th- Thursday’s post:
#120 The Pitfall of Moving Out Alone           C. Peter Wagner
12th- Saturday's post:  6 Ways to Pray All Day
 Rick Hamlin
13th- Sunday evening's post:  Prepared to Give His Life Away     Lee Forbes
15th- Tuesday's post:  #121 How Warfare Prayer Can Work        C. Peter Wagner


No comments:

Post a Comment