Saturday, February 11, 2017

God's Immeasurable Goodness


Judy Pierce- "At 9:30 one summer morning, I tugged open the kitchen window blinds hoping to see sunshine.

   Mist lingered in the atmosphere as it had for most of the past two weeks. Disappointed, I pointed my chin toward heaven and prayed, 'Father, cheer me up today and let the sun shine brightly this morning—if only for ten minutes. I thank you in Jesus’ name. Amen.' (Thatcher Park on a misty day) 


   Thirty minutes later, I sauntered to the kitchen and poured myself another cup of tea. As I sipped my tea, I crossed to the kitchen window, tugged open the blinds, and witnessed a thrilling view. 

   The mist had vanished and the sun commanded the sky. “Thank you, Father,” I whispered. Even more astounding was that the sun beamed for three hours until the rain fell again.

   We often pray for less than we desire because we think our circumstances are too impossible to achieve all we want. In his closing prayer to the Ephesians, the apostle Paul exhorts us not to set boundaries on God’s goodness. 

   He is powerful and has unlimited resources to go beyond what we ask or imagine.

   Our Lord waits for us to come to Him (Isaiah 30:18) and see His splendor and power. When we experience them, we grow in faith and draw closer to Him. We ask in faith and expect God to grant it—even if it seems impossible. 

   We ask for healing for our feeble bodies, for protection from our enemies, and for resources to start or grow our ministries. When we set our expectations high, we glorify God.

   God is greater than our problems and can bring sunshine into our dark, impossible situations. He is willing to give us good things when we ask and is faithful to do what He says. His immeasurable goodness flows when we ask within His will.

   Experience the fullness of God’s infinite goodness. Instead of asking for ten minutes of sunshine, ask for the entire day."

God's Immeasurable Goodness

By Judy Pierce
(For more devotions, visit Christian Devotions.)


Judy Pierce is a former freelance grant writer. Acting on instructions from the Holy Spirit to “write her stories,” she started her Christian writing ministry. Her vision is to turn people from darkness to the light of Jesus Christ by writing about her life experiences.





Testimony-  I [Jean] was driving 3 ladies home from Moira one Saturday afternoon in a snow storm. After a while, I told the Lord that I couldn't take much more of the inability to see through the snow. In less than a minute, the snow became only flurries! Then, a car sped past us and actually led us all the way to Potsdam!
  While living in Vermont in our small trailer, which was in an open field, a strong wind came up. I was frightened, so I asked the Lord to stop the wind. He did! This happened another time, too. He is Faithful and true to His Word, and wants us to ask Him for protection.


Let's pray-

Praying lady
      Father, knowing that You are greater than our problems, may we begin to ask bigger requests of Your help.
    Forgive us for praying for less than we desire because we think our circumstances are too impossible to achieve.
   Help us point our chins toward heaven and ask for Your invention in our circumstances, that we may witness Your activity on our behalf, even the weather!
   We ask for this in Jesus' name. Amen.


Today's guest post: Debbie McEwen

Praise You Lord For All Your Creation

   I invite you to check out my  friend, Debbie McEwen's, new blog post and find out why she joyfully proclaims:

Two of Debbie's many photos on this post! The pictures are expressive of God's goodness, for sure!













Today's Bible verses-

(Ephesians 6:11, 12) "Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (v. 12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

(Is. 30:21 KJV) "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, 'This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

Today's quotes-



CFC SERMONS  You can check out the many sermons to select the ones of interest to you. Click speakers to choose a minister's name, and his list of sermons for you to choose from. 

CFC Potsdam church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on the above link, and still get fed!

Today's popular post-
BJ George

"I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here's the reason why:

I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team..."


Upcoming posts-

#91 How Long Must You Persevere?
14th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#92 Prevailing Prayer Involves Time
16th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

The Fear that Grips Humanity 
18th- Saturday's post by Lee Forbes

#93 Plan Your Prayer Time
21st- Tuesday's post by Wesley L. Duewel

God Bless you
Goggle image

Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of recent posts)

Samples of Jean's crafts


31-day Devotional 
Jean's testimony

[Maybe just choose a title each
day that interests you]

A sample verse from p. 104-

When I Think of What
I've Been Through

"To learn the way that I should go
And trust in Him each day.
Through life I saw that God did show
My great need was to pray."

(Published by Lighthouse Publishing 
                      of the Carolinas. Used by permission).

 A great gift for someone who may need help 
to prepare for marriage, and for those in a
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment