Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Power of Your Story

Sharon JaynesWhen Jesus appeared to the disciples after His resurrection, there was one who was absent from the motley crew: Thomas. 

   When he came back to the group, they were all abuzz talking about Jesus’ surprise appearance. But Thomas didn’t believe a word of it. 
(Google image, Thomas and Jesus)

   “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it,” he declared.

   A week later his disciples were in the house again and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus suddenly appeared and stood among them.

  “Peace be with you!” he said.

   Then Jesus turned to a stunned Thomas and said, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

   Thomas fell to his knees and cried, "My Lord and my God!"

   The world is full of “Thomases.” I was one and perhaps you were one too. And even though I did not run my fingers over Jesus’ nail-scarred hands or thrust my hand into his sword-pierced side, I recognized Jesus through the scars of the men and women who were not afraid to share their stories of healing and redemption.
..and I believed.

  
In Revelation 12:11, John wrote, “They overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.”

   Incredible power is released when we drop the chains of bitterness, fear and shame to tell our stories.

   Because Satan knows that our stories are instrumental in his ultimate defeat, he will do anything and everything to convince us to keep the treasures hidden away. 


   Oh dear one, God is calling us to not be ashamed of our scars, for it is by those very scars that others will recognize the Savior, Jesus Christ.

   Do you know a “Thomas” who needs to see Jesus’ scars...perhaps in your own life? This week, I encourage you to share your story of redemption with one other person and watch a miracle take place!


Let’s Pray

   Dear Lord, thank You that there was no hint of condemnation from the other disciples when Timothy doubted. I pray that I will never condemn a friend who is struggling with her own faith. 

   Give me the courage to show my scars to someone who needs to see what You’ve done in my life. I want to be one of those people whom Jesus mentioned when he said to Timothy, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” (John 20:29 NIV). In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

“Thomas fell to his knees and cried, "My Lord and my God!"
(John 20:28 NIV)


The Power of Your Story Sharon Jaynes  March 22, 2017

   So You Have a Past, another good post by Sharon Jaynes"I’m encouraged by the presence of these women in the lineage of Jesus. Why? Because they are powerful displays of His grace. They are proof that God does not require perfection from us in order for His will to be done through us.

   Did you know that your scars are beautiful to God? He longs to turn your hurt into hope, your pain into purpose, and your messes into ministry. Don’t waste your sorrows! Allow God to use what you have gone through to be a blessing to others. 

   To learn more, see my book, Your Scars are Beautiful to God: Finding Peace and Purpose in the Hurts of Your Past. It also includes a study guide for those who want to dig deeper into God’s Word. And for you married gals, I’d love for you to hop over and join us at the new Praying Wives Club at 
www.Facebook.com/ThePrayingWivesClub."


Today's Bible verses-

(Ps. 42:11 KJV) "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for i shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."

(Ps. 55:22 KJV) "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

(2 Cor. 1:4 KJV) "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."


Today's quote-

~ Sharon Hinck- "Each year, my husband and I tackle a small section of the Superior Hiking Trail. We park our car at the end of the trail, then a shuttle drives us to the trailhead and drops us off. From there we're on our own. To reach our car, we have to complete the hike—no turning back....
   When we welcome Jesus into our life, we begin with great enthusiasm... 
   When fatigue threatens my resolve, it helps to remember that I'm 'all in.' Like on the trail, I've set a course where the only way to go is forward. Now my only reason for a glance back is to rejoice that Jesus has already taken me through paths that once seemed impossible. With that reminder, Jesus restores my enthusiasm. Squarely facing the goal, I can follow Him for another day." (Taken from Sat., June 2017 from Mornings with Jesus devotional for May/June, a Guidepost Publication).


Today's special link-

What is God's Plan for You?  Do you know?  Do you care?  Is there a reason to know and care?  Maybe...

Debbie McEwen's blog post.



List of recent sermons of CFC ministers

CFC Potsdam church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on the above link, and still get fed!

I (Jean)am writing a book titled: Healing Thoughts and Prayers
It will be my way of sharing my life's story, with the hope that my thoughts and prayers will help others in their everyday living. 
   I will not be sending out posts for the next two weeks, as this week I'm to work on the papers to be taken to a writers conference in Montrose, PA. The following week, it is where Debbie McEwen and I will be for 5 days. 
   God bless you as you check in and read various topics of interest. Thanks for being my faithful readers!


Upcoming posts-

#127 Strategies in Prayer Warfare, Part 1
25th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#128 Accept and Adopt the Warrior Spirit
27th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

Your God....HE IS LORD
29th- Saturday's post by Ernie Miller

#129 Plan and Take the Offensive
Aug. 1st- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel



Closeup of a sold craft.
See Jean's crafts

(Save and click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)
Below, you have an opportunity to leave a comme
nt.

Or email me at jowildflowers@gmail.com




31-day Devotional 
+ Jean's testimony

[Maybe just choose a title each
day that interests you]

Sample verses from p. 28-

Lord Jesus Came
and Gave His Life

"Lord Jesus came and gave His life
So God's love we can know.
As you may someday be a wife
He'll help your love to grow.

In all our souls God's placed a part
That craves His tender love.
It was created in each heart
To find this love above."
~ ~ ~ ~
(Published by Lighthouse Publishing 
of the Carolinas. Used by permission).

A great gift for someone who may need help 
to prepare for marriage, and for those in a
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment