Saturday, November 25, 2017

I Am a Stranger on the Earth

James H CagleThe Bible says, “I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me” Ps. 119:19 (KJV).
   The writer says he’s a stranger in the earth, meaning, there’s no place he goes on earth that he doesn’t feel like an outsider. (Google image, A stranger on the earth). 

   A Christian is someone whose been born-again or born from above, meaning heaven, and is a new creature in Christ Jesus (2 Cor. 5:17). 

   Their “conversation” (citizenship) is in Heaven (Phil. 3:20).  There their names are written on the city register (Lambs Book of Life, Rev. 13:8, 21:7).

   A Christian is thought quite peculiar because he lives for the spiritual and seeks after things eternal (Col. 3;1, 2) while those around him seek after the physical and temporal. 

   A Christian is considered strange because he seeks to put to death the old man with his sinful lust and live victorious over sin and walk in holiness (1 Pet. 4:1-4), while those around him live captive to sin as they seek to gratify the lust of the flesh through the pleasures of sin. 

   A Christian may even become a stranger to his own family (Ps.  69:8) because his relatives cannot relate to his life of faith in Christ.

   A Christian is a stranger in the earth because though he’s in the world 
he isn’t of the world (Jn. 17:14-16) and loves not the world 
(1 Jn. 2:15), that system that man has erected on earth that’s left God out.

   It’s faith in and obedience to the Word of God that makes Christians feel, look and be treated like strangers on earth 
(Jn. 17:17).



I am a Stranger on the Earth
James H Cagle 




Today's popular post-

When the Waves Come

Lisa Buffaloe: "The other day I kept finding myself thinking about a situation. And the more I thought about that situation, the more upsetting it became.
And then I felt a gentle whisper in my soul, 'Look at Me.' And as I turned my gaze on the Lord, peace came."


Today's quote with a prayer-

  
Larry Lea- "Let's pray and agree together you'll never forget that you must trade in worry for prayer and praise: 
   'In the name of Jesus, I agree with you that this word is sealed forever in my heart.
   I declare tod
ay that I will pray instead of worry. I will praise You, Lord, for Your victory. 
   Help me to confront every worry quickly and decisively with prayer, beginning right now. Amen.' " [Taken from p. 126 of THE WEAPONS OF YOUR WARFARE 
Equipping Yourself to defeat the Enemy].

Today's Bible verses-

     "For the Lord is good; His mercy and loving-kindness 
      are everlasting. His faithfulness and truth endure to 
      all generations." (Ps. 100:5 AMP).

     "Bless the the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within 
      me, bless his holy name. (v. 2) Bless the LORD, O my 
      soul, and forget not all his benefits; (v. 3)Who forgiveth 
      all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; (v.4) 
      Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth 
      thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; (v. 5) Who
      satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is
      renewed like the eagle's" (Ps. 103:1-5 KJV).

Today's question-

   When life overwhelms you, what are you to do?

   Start by giving thanks, and give it all to God! This sanctifies Him in your heart, proclaiming His goodness instead of extolling the problem. This is good for all of us to remember the next time troubles, problems or heartache comes.


Today's quotes and a prayer-

       The Spirit Knows ~ Jane Ault

The Spirit knows what my mind hasn't recognized.
Patiently, he waits for me to acknowledge truth
 

Accept the limitations of mortality.
Only then will I become productive, again.

Why? Because until I accept my limitations
I won't be able to live within the boundaries

Which I must have in order to accomplish
The good works God designed for me to do.

He empowers those who live in obedience
So they can accomplish unimaginable things 

Experiencing the joy of intimate connection
With their Creator and Savior, Jesus Christ.
(Used by permission)

~ Gwen Smith-  "In spite of our struggles, God is at work. Even when questions loom and pain is present. He is faithful and powerful, able to do more than you and I can even ask or imagine. Let’s ask for and imagine a fresh rising of strength and hope today as we trust God’s goodness even when our circumstances burn like fire and smell like smoke. 

   Dear Lord, Thank You for promising to never leave or forsake Your children. Please strengthen me to face the fires before me today with courage and honor. Help me to trust You. In Jesus’s Name I pray, Amen." (Taken from her post, Hurry Up and Wait. She speaks of their home burning . . . Gwen Smith)




~ Roger Ellsworth- "Christians have been forgiven of their sins, but the sinful nature they were born with has not been obliterated. It still exerts a powerful influence and the Christian finds it necessary constantly to cry out with the Apostle Paul: "O wretched man that I am!" (Rom. 7:24). [Taken from Herald of His Coming Newspaper, Vol. 76 No. 10 (910), p. 7, used by permission.]

List of recent sermons of CFC ministers. CFC Potsdam church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on the above link, and still get fed!


(Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)
Below, you have an opportunity 
to leave a comment




(Jean's published book)


Upcoming posts-


#13 God's Power in the Ministry of Charles G. Finney
28th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#14 Widespread Effect of Finney's Ministry
30th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

What Was Done
12/2 Saturday's post by Lisa Buffaloe

#15 The Power of God that Came Upon the People
5th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel


1 comment: