Sunday, May 3, 2015

When the Waves Come


Lisa Buffaloe: The other day I kept finding myself thinking about a situation. And the more I thought about that situation, the more upsetting it became.

And then I felt a gentle whisper in my soul, Look at Me.And as I turned my gaze on the Lord, peace came.  (Google image, Waves). 


Unfortunately, being one who thinks I can figure out something if I’ll just keep trying to analyze it, I kept taking my eyes off of Jesus and back on the difficulty. I’m like Peter sinking in the waves instead of walking on water.

Again the gentle whisper, “Look at Me.” No condemnation. No anger. And I turned back to look, and peace came.

And once again I took my eyes off and waves of anxiety washed over me.

“Look at Me.”He beckoned.

This time I locked on His gaze, and the bigger He became, and the problem became smaller. And when my focus stayed on God, the more He grew, and in the shadow of His love the situation faded in the light of His glory.
Look at Me

Keep your focus on Me.
Not on them.

Not on that person.

Not on that situation.

Keep your focus on Me.
Not on that concern.
Not on that possibility.
Not on that worry.

Keep your focus on Me.
Not on the news.
Not on the violence.
Not on those who hate.

Keep your focus on Me.
Not on the unknown.
Not on the future.
Not on the past.

Keep your focus on Me.
Not on the waves.
Not on the wind.
Not on the storm.


Keep your focus on Me.
And watch how I will work.
And see what I will do.
And rest in My love.

Keep your focus on Me.
Remember nothing is impossible for Me.
Remember I know the plans I have for you.
Remember I can melt stone hearts.

Keep your focus on Me.
Remember I know the truth and will judge righteously.
Remember I Am the God of comfort.
Remember I Am the God of peace.

Keep your focus on Me.
When the waves of anxiety come, remember to always 
keep your focus on Me.
Remember I will never leave you.
Remember I will never forsake you.

Remember always I love you.
Keep your focus on Me.

“Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. 


And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!” ~ Hebrews 12:2 (MSG)

Lisa Buffaloe's Blog  
Posted: 07 Apr 2015 07:00 AM PDT
         The other day something was worrying and confusing my brain.
I wasn't getting anywhere by trying to analyze a situation.

Thoughts were confused and worried and spinning in the mud.
So I decided to sing praise songs and get my mind off my problems and back on God.

And the coolest thing happened, as I sang praise songs and praised God, the confusion lifted and I was given clarity.

Peace and answers came, and joy followed. So I praised all the more, and enjoyed more peace, clarity, and joy.

I’ve decided praise is like a mind windshield wiper.

Praise wipes away confusion to see things clearly through God’s perspective.

When your brain is muddied and confused with worries, and you can’t see what to do or where to go, activate praising God for clarity, peace, and joy.


Wiper Praise  by  Lisa Buffaloe's Blog  


Posted: 01 Apr 2015 03:11 PM PDT




    Father, my thoughts are on You, and I look to You for guidance, protection, and provision.
   May my life count for the Kingdom and bring honor to Your Name.
    I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.


Today’s Bible verse:  Jonah 2:7 a "When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD."


19th- Tuesday’s post:  #63  Enjoying Prayer
C. Peter Wagner

21st- Thursday's post:  #64  Fasting
C. Peter Wagner

23rd- Saturday's post:   Conscience
James H. Cagle

24th- Sunday evening's post: Unplugged
Mary Southerland


A great gift for someone who
needs help in their marriage


Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

No comments:

Post a Comment