Thursday, March 7, 2013

Christian Leaders Need Watchmen: Prayer Note # 122

   



Dutch Sheets shares, “Peter Wagner
in his book, Prayer Shield, offers five 
reasons pastors and other Christian 
leaders are in such great need of 
watchmen interceding for them:




1.   Pastors Have More Responsibility and Accountability  

   James 3:1, “My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.”


2.    Pastors Are more Subject to Temptation 

    Make no mistake about it, the higher up you go on the ladder of Christian leadership, the higher you go on Satan’s hit list.


3.   Pastors Are more Targeted by Spiritual warfare 
    It has now become known that over the last several years Satanists, witches, New Agers, occult practitioners, shamans, spiritists and other servants of darkness have entered into an evil covenant to pray to Satan for the breakdown of marriages of pastors and Christian leaders. The spiritual warfare has intensified.


4.  Pastors Have More Influence on Others 

   The fourth reason why pastors need intercession more than other Christians is that by the very nature of their ministry they have more influence on others.

5.  Pastors Have More Visibility

   Because pastors are up front, they are constantly subject to gossip and criticism.

   In the book, Wagner elaborates more thoroughly on each reason. 

   Elsewhere he says, ‘To the degree the intercessors pray, the leaders gain protection against the fiery darts of the wicked one, over and above the whole armor of God they are responsible for using’ 

   This excellent book provides outstanding guidance about intercession for Christian leaders.

Today’s Prayer Note #122Christian Leaders Need Watchmen, taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (pg 246)


The next Prayer Note:  3/12   More Concepts for Keeping the Serpent Out


Prayer:  Father, I see now that my praying for my pastor and the other leaders in my church, is very important to You, and to them! Help me pray for their safety and blessing on a regular basis. I appreciate them, and I know my covering them is necessary. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Our Scripture for today:  Ps. 91:1 ,2 "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.' "


Today’s quote:  Marvin Williams “The Lord will provide His guiding presence as we wait patiently for Him to bring about His will.”

Our thought for today:  Responding to our emotions properly is an important step in keeping the devil from gaining a foothold in our lives.

Tomorrow’s post:  Jesus Loves Me  Diana Leagh Matthews

A popular post:   GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN    
    

A 31-day devotional book for
women contemplating marriage
and looking for godly advice.























No comments:

Post a Comment